A Fragment — Lord Byron
《碎片》拜伦
When, to their airy hall, my Fathers' voice shall call my spirit, joyful in their choice
当我父的声音响彻他们宽敞的礼堂,我要呼唤我的灵魂,为它们的选择喜乐
When poised upon the gale, my form shall ride
当我的身躯携呼啸狂风而驰骋
Or dark in mist, descend the mountain's side
或在黑雾中下山
Oh! may my shade behold no sculptured urns
哦!愿阴影下不见精雕的骨灰盒
To mark the spot where earth to earth returns!
为了标识这尘归尘、土归土的地方
No lengthened scroll, no praise-encumbered stone
没有冗长的卷轴,没有满镌赞扬的石块
My 'epitaph' shall be my name alone
我的“墓志铭”上有的只是我姓名
If 'that' with honour fail to crown my clay
如果那名字不能为我的土地光荣加冕
Oh! may no other fame my deeds repay!
哦!愿对我的功绩不要报以虚名
That', only 'that', shall single out the spot
“那名”,只有“那名”,方能昭示该地
By that remembered, or with that forgot
要么名与我均记,或者我与名俱忘