手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

教你运用工程学思维制作升旗器

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hi, Squeaks! What are you doing?

嗨,吱吱!你在干什么?

Oh! Squeaks is writing letters to all of our friends asking them if they want to come over and play.

噢!吱吱正在给我们所有的朋友写信,询问他们是否愿意过来玩。

Mister Brown, Bill and Webb, Sam the Bat… wow, we sure have a lot of friends, Squeaks!

布朗先生,比尔和韦伯,蝙蝠山姆...哇,我们真的有很多朋友,吱吱!

Oh! Squeaks says it's taking him forever to get ahold of all those people one at a time.

哦!吱吱说他要花很长时间才能一次联系上所有这些人。

[@WOUKOE}SNG_CB%MBQ]OJJ.png

Hmmm. It sure would be convenient if there was a way to let all of our friends know when we want to hang out.

嗯。如果有办法让我们所有的朋友都知道我们什么时候想出去玩,那肯定会很方便。

Hey, Squeaks… it sounds like you've found something that you would like to change.

嘿,吱吱…听起来你好像找到了一些你想要改变的东西。

And I have an idea for how we could approach this problem.

我有一个我们如何解决这个问题的想法。

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

你在想我在思考什么吗?

Engineering!

工程学!

That's a way for people to solve problems.

这是人们解决问题的一种方式。

And engineers are people who design solutions to problems, to make life better for everybody!

工程师是设计问题解决方案的人,让每个人的生活更美好!

So, Squeaks, are you ready to think like engineers to solve this problem?

所以,吱吱,你准备好像工程师一样思考来解决这个问题了吗?

Great!

太棒了!

Well, it seems like we understand the problem.

嗯,看来我们明白问题所在了。

That's the first step in creating a solution!

这是创建解决方案的第一步!

We need a way to reach all of our friends at once.

我们需要一种方法能够一次联系到我们所有的朋友。

But we'll need some more information before we design a solution.

但是在我们设计解决方案之前,我们需要更多的信息。

That will help us create something that does what we need.

这将帮助我们创造出我们需要的东西。

Like, who is this for?

比如,这是为谁设计的?

All our friends, right?

为我们所有的朋友,对吗?

And all our friends live pretty close by.

我们所有的朋友都住得很近。

So maybe we could design something that they could all see.

所以也许我们可以设计一些他们都能看到的东西。

And understanding exactly what we need will help too.

准确地了解我们需要什么也会有所帮助。

We need something that all of our friends can see and understand that it means we want them to come over.

我们需要一些东西,让我们所有的朋友都能看到并理解,这意味着我们希望他们过来。

And we want to be sure that our friends who can’t see can still know when we want to play, so our design should use sound too.

我们想要确保那些看不见的朋友仍然可以知道我们什么时候想玩,所以我们的设计也应该使用声音。

Okay! Squeaks, I think we've gathered enough information.

好! 吱吱,我想我们已经收集到足够的信息了。

Now, maybe we can design a solution to our problem.

现在,也许我们可以为我们的问题设计一个解决方案。

So, let's put our heads together, cause two heads are better than one!

所以,让我们集思广益吧,因为三个臭皮匠胜过一个诸葛亮!

Oh yeah, ok.

哦,好的,好的。

Mhm… Yeah! Good idea.

嗯…是的! 好主意。

Okay, Squeaks! I think we have a design that might be able to solve our problem.

好的,吱吱!我想有一个设计可以解决我们的问题。

And I know what we can use to build it, too!

我也知道我们可以用什么来建造它!

Ready? Let's get building!

准备好了吗?让我们开始建造吧!

And ta-da!

哒嗒!

What do you think, Squeaks?

你想到了什么,吱吱?

Oh, you're right.

哦,你说得对。

It is pretty small!

它真的很小!

This device isn’t big enough for our friends to be able to see and hear outside the Fort.

这个设备不够大,我们的朋友在福特堡外看不到也听不到。

This is a prototype.

这是一个原型。

A prototype is an early version of our design solution that will help us figure out if our idea is working.

原型是我们设计解决方案的早期版本,它将帮助我们确定我们的想法是否可行。

So here's the design Squeaks and I came up with.

这是我和吱吱想出来的设计。

This device will raise a flag over the Fort when we want our friends to come over.

当我们想让朋友过来的时候这个装置会在福特堡升起一面旗帜。

And when we're ready for some alone time, we can lower the flag again.

当我们准备好独处的时候,我们可以再次降下旗帜。

Oh, how does it work?

哦,它是怎么工作的?

Well, do you see this little box, Squeaks?

吱吱,你看到这个小盒子了吗?

This is a kind of a camera, called a sensor, that can see different colors.

这是一种摄像机,叫做传感器,可以看到不同的颜色。

Watch what happens when you hold something yellow up to the sensor!

当你拿着黄色的东西对着传感器时,看看会发生什么!

That's right!

没错!

It makes it pretty easy to raise the flag.

这使得升起旗帜变得相当容易。

But what if we want to put it back down again?

但如果我们想把它放回去呢?

Let's see what happens when you hold a blue brick up to the sensor instead.

让我们看看当你把一块蓝色的砖块放在传感器前时会发生什么。

Squeaks, I think this design fits our needs perfectly.

吱吱,我认为这个设计完全符合我们的需要。

It lets us send a signal, this flag, when we want our friends to come and hang out.

当我们想要我们的朋友来玩的时候,这面旗帜可以帮我们发出信号。

And we can easily turn it off when we don’t need it.

当我们不需要它的时候,我们可以很容易地关掉它。

But I think you made a really good point about it being small.

但我觉得你说得很对,它很小。

We'll need to use something else to build the next version, so that it's much bigger.

我们需要使用其他东西来构建下一个版本,这样它就更大了。

Engineers do that, too!

工程师们也是这么做的!

They're always asking what aspects of their design can be made better.

他们总是问自己的设计哪些方面可以做得更好。

They test out designs to see what works, and then they make improvements.

他们测试设计,看看哪些是可行的,然后进行改进。

So, how would you improve our design?

那么,你将如何改进我们的设计呢?

And what other problems can you solve by thinking like an engineer?

还有哪些问题可以通过工程师的思维来解决呢?

Thanks for joining us today!

谢谢今天的参与!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
prototype ['prəutətaip]

想一想再看

n. 原型,雏形

 
device [di'vais]

想一想再看

n. 装置,设计,策略,设备

 
flag [flæg]

想一想再看

n. 旗,旗帜,信号旗
vt. (以旗子)标出

联想记忆
signal ['signl]

想一想再看

n. 信号,标志
v. (发信号)通知、表示<

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
solve [sɔlv]

想一想再看

v. 解决,解答

 
solution [sə'lu:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 解答,解决办法,溶解,溶液

联想记忆
approach [ə'prəutʃ]

想一想再看

n. 接近; 途径,方法
v. 靠近,接近,动

联想记忆
convenient [kən'vi:njənt]

想一想再看

adj. 方便的,便利的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。