This article is so interesting. Pete, listen to this: "Somewhere in the world there is someone who looks just like you."
这篇文章太有趣了。皮特,听听这个:“在世界的某个地方,有一个人长得跟你一模一样。”
No one is this handsome.
没有人会这么帅。
Oh Pete, there's something between your teeth.
哦,皮特,你的牙缝里有东西。
It is gone?
它不见了吗?
No. No. It's still there. There. You got it. But think of it: There could be two of us in the world!
不。不。它还在那里。那里。你找到了。但想想看:世界上可能有两个我们!
Two Annas? Two Annas? Today, we're reviewing ways to describe and compare people.
两个安娜?两个安娜?今天,我们来复习一下描述和比较人的方式。
Keep watching for descriptions of people.
继续看对人物的描述。
Actually, Anna, maybe your silly article is right. Yesterday at work, I met a woman who looks just like you.
事实上,安娜,也许你那篇愚蠢的文章是对的。昨天工作的时候,我遇到了一个和你长得很像的女人。
Really? Wait, are you making fun of me?
真的吗?等等,你是在取笑我吗?
Not this time.
这次不是。
She's tall and has curly hair. But even her face looks like yours. I think she's a career consultant.
她个子很高,留着卷发。但就连她的脸都长得像你。我觉得她是一个职业顾问。
I bet she has a lot of great advice. I can't wait to meet her.
我打赌她有很多很棒的建议。我等不及要见她了。
Yes, you can. I met her and she is very difficult.
是的,你可以见见她。我见过她,她很难相处。
Pete, she's just new. We have to give her a chance. What's her name?
皮特,她只是新来的。我们必须给她一次机会。她叫什么名字?
Evelyna or something like that. You can't miss her. She always wears a hat.
伊芙琳娜之类的。你不会错过她的。她总是戴着帽子。
So, Anna, have you met the new consultant yet?
安娜,你见过新来的顾问了吗?
No. But I've already heard. We look alike, don't we?
没有。但我已经听说了。我们长得很像,不是吗?
Yeah, but you don't act alike. You're much nicer than she is.
是啊,但你们的举止不一样。你比她好多了。
Maybe she gets nervous at new jobs. Or maybe she's shy. Let's not judge, Penelope.
也许她对新工作感到紧张。或者她很害羞。我们不要评头论足,佩内洛普。
She's not nervous or shy. She's mean.
她既不紧张也不害羞。她很刻薄。
You know, we should get to know her better. Let's invite her to lunch!
你知道,我们应该多了解一下她。我们请她吃午饭吧!
Sorry but I'm busy that day.
对不起,我那天很忙。
Oh, that's too bad. Hey, wait, I haven't picked a day yet!
哦,那太糟糕了。嘿,等等,我还没选好日子呢!
So, did you find anything? Here are a few things I found.
你发现什么了吗?以下是我发现的一些东西。
Anna uses the words "look alike" to talk about the new consultant, she says "We look alike, don't we?"
安娜用“look alike”来谈论新来的顾问,她说:“我们长得很像,不是吗?”
Penelope uses than and the comparative adjective nicer to compare Anna with the new consultant.
佩内洛普用than和比较级形容词nicer来比较安娜和新来的顾问。
She says "You're much nicer than she is." Keep watching for more.
她说:“你比她好多了。”继续看。
This is going to be so much fun. Boy, I can't wait to play this game.
这将会很有趣。天哪,我等不及要玩这个游戏了。
How much longer are you going to be?
你们还要玩多久?
We'll be just a minute …
我们马上就玩完了……
You must be Evelana. I'm Anna. We are look-alikes!
你一定是伊维拉娜。我是安娜。我们长得很像!
No, we're not. And my name is pronounced "Evil-ana."
不,我们不一样。我的名字发音是“Evil-ana”。
Oh. This is going to be fun.
噢。这将会很有趣。
You had better hurry up. I need this room for a lecture.
你们最好快点。我需要这个房间来做演讲。
It's called: "If You Want to Win, Others Must Lose." What is all this stuff, anyway?
它叫:“如果你想赢,别人就必须输。”这东西到底是什么?
It's a game. We're going to play at lunch.
这是一个游戏。我们要在午餐的时候玩。
It's a stupid child's game!
这是一个愚蠢的孩子的游戏!
It's a fun game. But yes, it is for children.
这是一个有趣的游戏。但是,是的,它是为孩子们准备的。
Well, you may be childish but I'm not. And you look stupid with that thing on your head.
嗯,你可能很幼稚,但我不是。你头上戴着那玩意儿看起来很蠢。
Oh, yeah? Well, you look serious with that look on your face. Come on, Pete. Let's go play somewhere else.
哦,是吗?嗯,你脸上的表情看起来很严肃。来吧,皮特。我们去别的地方玩吧。
Actually, I'm going to stay for Evilana's lecture.
实际上,我要留下来听伊维拉娜的演讲。
Fine. You can learn new ways to beat people.
好吧。你可以学到打败别人的新方法。
He will. He will.
他会的。他会的。
Okay. Am I a food? Nope.
好吧。我是一种食物吗?不是的。
Hey, do you guys have room for one more?
嘿,你们这里还能再坐一个吗?
Sure, Pete! Come on over. What happened to your eye?
当然可以,皮特!过来吧。你的眼睛怎么了?
Evilana "accidentally" hit me. And she didn't even say sorry. She's so mean!
伊维拉娜“不小心”打了我。她甚至都没说声抱歉。她太刻薄了!
I told you so.
我早说过了吧。
Here, Pete. Put on this headband. You'll feel better. Penelope, you're right. Evilana is an awful person!
给你,皮特。戴上这个发带。你会感觉好点的。佩内洛普,你说得对。伊维拉娜是个可怕的人!
And violent. And now we have to work with her!
而且很暴力。现在我们不得不和她一起工作!
Haven't you heard? She's gone! She was given another assignment.
你们没听说吗?她走了!她被分配了另一项任务。
What assignment?
什么任务?
I don't know. I think it has something to do with outdoors. Anyway, let's play! Pete it's your turn.
我不知道。我想它和户外活动有关。不管怎样,我们来玩吧!皮特,轮到你了。