手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

泡菜是从哪里来的?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey there! Squeaks and I have been noticing some changes in the weather here at the Fort.

嘿! 我和吱吱注意到沃斯堡的天气发生了一些变化。

There are more hours of daylight, the temperatures are getting warmer, and leaves are sprouting on the trees!

白天的时间变长了,气温变暖了,树上的叶子开始发芽了!

I agree, Squeaks!

我同意,吱吱!

Spring is definitely here!

春天来了!

And one of the things that Squeaks and I love to do in warmer weather is to have a cookout.

在温暖的天气里,我和吱吱喜欢做的一件事就是出去野餐。

I especially like a burger with all of the fixings… including pickles!

我特别喜欢有各种配菜的汉堡,包括泡菜!

Squeaks wants to know where pickles come from.

吱吱想知道泡菜是怎么做的。

After all… we don’t see pickles growing on trees!

毕竟,我们看不到泡菜是从哪里来的!

And the answer is… it depends on the pickle.

答案是,这取决于是什么泡菜。

Most of the time, the pickles we put on burgers and other sandwiches are actually cucumbers!

大多数时候,我们放在汉堡和其他三明治上的泡菜实际上是黄瓜!

You’re right, Squeaks.

你说得对,吱吱。

Pickles definitely look and taste different from the cucumbers we have in our salad!

泡菜的外观和味道绝对不同于我们沙拉里的黄瓜!

We have to do something to cucumbers, make a change to them, so that they become pickles.

我们得对黄瓜做点什么,改变一下,让它们变成泡菜。

This change is called… pickling!

这种变化被称为“腌渍”!

And we can pickle different foods, like tomatoes, peppers, carrots, radishes, cauliflower, and onions.

我们可以腌制不同的食物,比如西红柿、辣椒、胡萝卜、萝卜、花椰菜和洋葱。

And you don’t have to buy these foods from the store, either.

而且你也不用去商店买这些食物。

In fact, we can do some pickling ourselves!

事实上,我们可以自己腌制!

You want to try it, Squeaks?

吱吱,你想试试吗?

Ok, let’s get everything we need!

好,我们去拿我们需要的东西!

To make pickles, we first need to make what’s called brine.

要做泡菜,我们首先需要做盐水。

I made this brine by mixing together some spices, vinegar, water, salt, and sugar in a pan, and heating it together until I couldn’t see the salt and sugar anymore.

我把一些香料、醋、水、盐和糖放在平底锅里混合,加热,直到我看不见盐和糖为止。

What do you think we should pickle, Squeaks?

吱吱,你觉得我们应该腌什么?

Let’s start with cucumbers, so we can see how they become those pickles on our burgers!

让我们从黄瓜开始,这样我们就可以看到它们是如何变成汉堡上的泡菜的!

You can also pickle other vegetables, like carrots and onions.

你也可以腌制其他蔬菜,比如胡萝卜和洋葱。

First, we’ll put the cucumbers in a jar…

首先,我们把黄瓜放进罐子里……

and then pour brine over them until they are completely covered.

然后在它们上面倒盐水,直到它们完全被覆盖住。

Now, we put lid on the jar… and put the jar in the refrigerator, and wait.

现在,我们给罐子盖上盖子,把罐子放进冰箱,然后等待。

Oh! How long?

哦! 多久?

Three or four days.

三到四天。

But guess what, Squeaks?

但是吱吱,你猜怎么着?

I made some pickles ahead of time!

我提前做了一些泡菜!

Now, before we sample them, let’s put them next to the fresh veggies that haven’t been pickled.

现在,在我们品尝它们之前,让我们把它们放在没有腌制过的新鲜蔬菜旁边。

We can observe how they are the same, and how they are different.

我们可以观察到它们哪里相同,哪里不同。

Let’s start by looking.

让我们从观察开始。

Fresh and pickled foods have the same size, and shape.

新鲜的和腌制的食物有相同的大小和形状。

But some of the fresh foods have a brighter color than the ones that are pickled.

但是一些新鲜的食物比腌制过的颜色更鲜艳。

What else do you notice?

你还注意到什么?

Yes! The pickled foods have a strong smell, mostly from the vinegar in the brine.

是的! 腌渍食品有一种强烈的气味,主要来自盐水中的醋。

Let’s see how they feel when we pick them up.

让我们来看看它们的触感。

Oh, the pickled foods are softer!

哦,泡菜更软了!

If I bend the pickle, it’s kinda squishy!

如果我把泡菜弄弯,它就会变软!

Now, when we try to bend the fresh cucumber, it breaks right away!

现在,当我们试图把新鲜的黄瓜弄弯时,它马上就断了!

The pickled one bends a bit before it snaps.

腌制过的会稍微弯曲一点。

Now, my favorite part… is tasting the pickles!

现在,我最喜欢的部分是品尝泡菜!

Pickled foods are definitely sour.

腌制的食物绝对是酸的。

And they’re not as crunchy as the fresh foods.

它们不像新鲜食物那么脆。

What do you think?

你觉得呢?

I think they both taste great, but in different ways!

我觉得它们味道都很好,只是方式不同!

Now, Squeaks… do you think that if we took the pickles out of the brine for a few days, they would turn back into fresh foods?

现在,吱吱,你认为如果我们把泡菜从盐水中取出几天,它们会变成新鲜的食物吗?

You’re right! Once something is pickled, it stays that way.

你说得对! 一旦东西被腌制了,它就会保持原样。

It can’t go back to being exactly the same fruit or vegetable it was before.

它不可能变回原来的水果或蔬菜。

It’s been changed, and that change can’t be undone.

它已经被改变了,而且已经改变了。

We say a change like that is irreversible.

我们说这样的变化是不可逆转的。

This happens when we prepare other foods, too.

当我们准备其他食物时也会发生这种情况。

For example, raw eggs are runny, and part of them are clear.

例如,生鸡蛋是稀的,它们的一部分是透明的。

But after we add heat to the eggs, they get firmer, and the clear part turns white.

但当我们加热鸡蛋后,它们变得更硬,透明的部分变成白色。

If we left the egg on the counter for a long time, it would get cool,

如果我们把鸡蛋放在柜台上很长一段时间,它就会冷却,

but it wouldn’t go back to looking like a raw egg.

但它不会变回生鸡蛋的样子。

It’s gone through a change that is irreversible!

它经历了一个不可逆转的变化!

Can you think of a change that is reversible?

你能想到一种可逆的变化吗?

Meaning, one that can be undone?

意思是,一个可以撤销的变化?

Good thinking! Water goes through reversible changes.

好想法! 水的变化是可逆的。

The ice cubes in our glass of water melt and change from solid water to liquid water.

我们杯子里的冰块融化了,从固态水变成了液态水。

But if we put the water in the freezer, we can reverse the change…

但如果我们把水放进冰箱,我们可以逆转这种变化……

and make the water turn into solid ice again!

让水再次变成固态的冰!

You’re right, Squeaks!

你说得对,吱吱!

The weather outside is really nice!

外面的天气真不错!

Let’s go get the grill fired up and have a cookout right now!

我们现在就去点燃烤架,出去野餐吧!

Thanks for joining me here at the Fort.

感谢大家来到沃斯堡。

If you want to keep learning and having fun with Squeaks, me, and all of our other friends,

如果你想继续与吱吱、我以及我们的其他朋友一起学习和开心地玩耍,

be sure to hit the subscribe button, and we'll see you next time on SciShow Kids!

一定要点击订阅按钮,我们下次《儿童科学秀》再见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
sample ['sæmpl]

想一想再看

n. 样品,样本
vt. 采样,取样

联想记忆
reverse [ri'və:s]

想一想再看

n. 相反,背面,失败,倒档
adj. 反面的

联想记忆
melt [melt]

想一想再看

vi. 融化,熔化,消散
vt. 使融化,使熔

 
liquid ['likwid]

想一想再看

adj. 液体的,液态的
n. 液体

 
counter ['kauntə]

想一想再看

n. 计算器,计算者,柜台
[计算机] 计数器

 
grill [gril]

想一想再看

n. 烤架,铁格子,烧烤(食物) vt. (在烤架上)烤

联想记忆
lid [lid]

想一想再看

n. 盖,眼睑
vt. 给 ... 装盖子

 
refrigerator [ri'fridʒə.reitə]

想一想再看

n. 冰箱

联想记忆
vinegar ['vinigə]

想一想再看

n. 醋

 
bend [bend]

想一想再看

v. 弯曲,使弯曲,屈服,屈从
n. 弯曲,弯

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。