Dear Eva, April 14th. It will be almost a month since you wrote to me and you have possibly forgotten your state of mind (I doubt it though).
亲爱的伊娃,4月14日。距你写信给我过了快一个月了,你可能已经忘记了你当时的心境(虽然我觉得未必)。
You seem the same as always, and being you, hate every minute of it.
你看起来一如既往地痛恨自己,每分每秒都在这样。
Don’t!
别这样!
Learn to say “Fxck You” to the world once in a while.
要学会时不时对这个世界说“去他妈的”。
You have every right to.
你绝对有权这么说。
Just stop thinking, worrying, looking over your shoulder,
不要思量担忧、谨小慎微
wondering, doubting, fearing, hurting, hoping for some easy way out,
不要迟钝怀疑、害怕伤心、妄想找到捷径解脱,
struggling, grasping, confusing, itching, scratching,
不要挣扎攫取、困惑迷失、抓耳挠腮,
mumbling, bumbling, grumbling, humbling, stumbling,
不要嘟嘟囔囔、笨手笨脚、嘟囔抱怨、低声下气、踉踉跄跄,
numbling, rambling, gambling, tumbling,
不要麻木不仁、怨声载道、赌博取乐、跌跌撞撞,
scumbling, scrambling, hitching, hatching,
不要轻描淡写、乱作一团、投机取巧、密谋策划,
bitching, moaning, groaning, honing,
不要叽叽歪歪、挖苦怨叹、临阵磨枪,
boning, horse-shitting, hair-splitting,
不要挑挑拣拣、胡言乱语、吹毛求疵,
nit-picking, piss-trickling, nose sticking, ass-gouging,
不要说长道短、浪费时间、多管闲事、招摇撞骗,
eyeball-poking, finger-pointing, alleyway-sneaking,
不要夺人眼球、互相指责、鬼鬼祟祟,
long waiting, small stepping, evil-eyeing,
不要久久等待、徘徊不前、怒目相对,
back-scratching, searching, perching, besmirching,
不要互相利用、磨磨唧唧、尸位素餐、损人慧语,
grinding, grinding, grinding away at yourself.
不要再折磨你自己,不要再折磨你自己
Stop it and just DO.
就此打住吧,去做就行。
From your description, and from what I know of your previous work and your ability; the work you are doing sounds very good.
从你所说的,以及我对你之前的创作和能力的了解,你正在创作的作品听上去非常不错。
“Drawing? -- ?clean? -- ?clear but crazy like machines, larger and bolder… real nonsense.”
“画绘画干净清晰,但又疯狂如机器,更宏大也更胆大……真正的毫无意义。”
That sounds fine, wonderful? -- ?real nonsense.
真正的无意义——那听上去不错,很精彩。
Do more. More nonsensical, more crazy, more machines, more breasts, penises, cunts, whatever?—?make them abound with nonsense.
去更多地创作,要更无意义、更疯狂、更像机器,更多生殖器,不管是什么——围绕着无意义去创作它们。
Try and tickle something inside you, your “weird humor.”
尝试去触动你内心的东西,就像你的古怪幽默。
You belong in the most secret part of you.
你属于你内心深处最隐秘的那一部分。
Don’t worry about cool, make your own uncool.
不要担心酷或不酷,创作你自己的不酷。
Make your own, your own world.
创造你自己的,你自己的世界。
If you fear, make it work for you? -- ?draw and paint your fear and anxiety.
如果你恐惧,那就让恐惧为你所用——描绘出你的恐惧和忧虑。
And stop worrying about big, deep things such as “to decide on a purpose and way of life, a consistant approach to even some impossible end or even an imagined end.”
别在担心宏观深奥的问题,比如决定人生目的和生活方式。选择一条坚定的道路,也行通往的是某个不可能的终点。或者是一个可以想象的终点。
You must practice being stupid, dumb, unthinking, empty.
你必须学者痴一点、钝一些,少想一些,彻底放空自己。
Then you will be able to DO.
然后你才可能做到。
I have much confidence in you and even though you are tormenting yourself, the work you do is very good.
我对你非常有信心,即使你在折磨着自己,你的作品却非常出色。
Try to do some BAD work.
试着去做些不合常规、不好的创作。
Tthe worst you can think of and see what happens but mainly relax and let everything go to hell?.
你能想到最差创作,然后看看会发生什么。但最重要的是放松,让其他一切都去见鬼去吧。