Thank you so much for this incredible honor.
非常感谢你们给予我这个殊荣。
It's just moves me and matters to me greatly.
这让我很感动,对我也很重要。
So, I really appreciate it.
所以,我真的很感激。
You know I asked my four-year-old Hazel every day about what she learns in school.
我每天都会问我四岁的女儿海柔尔她在学校学到了什么。
I ask her every day and sometimes I met with you know she's four.
我每天都会问她,她才四岁,有时我会遇到这种情况。
So, it's like, ‘I played’.
比如,‘我玩了……’。
And I'm like, what else, you know tell me.
我说,还有什么,告诉我。
You know it's probably because she's tired or perhaps because I ask her every day and she's tired of me asking about her day.
可能是因为她累了,也可能是因为我每天都问她,她烦了我问她一天的情况。
But the other night it was like she threw me a bone as I was putting her to bed.
有一天晚上,当我把她抱上床时,她好像在可怜我。
She said, ‘Hey mummy, do you know how to get to Harlem?’
她说,‘嗨,妈妈,你知道怎么去哈莱姆区吗?
And I just sort of stared at her dumbly and I said, ‘How do you get to Harlem?’
我只是默默地盯着她说,‘你怎么去哈莱姆区?’
She goes, ‘You take the A train, it's the quickest way.’
她说,‘你坐A线火车,这是最快的路。’
And I was like, ‘What?’
我当时就说,‘什么?’
You know and I said like, the Ella FitzGerald song.
你知道,我说的就像艾拉·菲茨杰拉德的那首歌。
She goes, ‘Yeah, Ella FitzGerald.’
她说,‘是的,埃拉·菲茨杰拉德。
And I almost wept, because Ella is like my gem, you know and then I discovered that she was learning about the Harlem renaissance at four.
我差点哭了,因为埃拉就像我的宝石,然后我发现她在四岁的时候就开始学习哈莱姆的复兴。
I’ve also been schooled on Lava caves, never heard of them before and the small bump on a baby owl's beak that it kind of uses to crack against the shell to birth itself.
我也学过熔岩洞穴,以前从未听说过它们,还有猫头鹰幼崽喙上的小凸起,它用来撞击外壳,破壳而出。
I mean and then it falls off.
我是说,然后它就掉下来了。
I’m like how, this is stuff I’ve never heard of before.
我想,这是我以前从未听说过的东西。
So, it's sort of become apparent to me that I ask Hazel every day what she learned at school.
所以,很明显,我每天都问海柔尔她在学校学到了什么。
Because well, I’m desperate to know cool stuff like that mainly.
因为,我最想知道的主要是那些很酷的东西。
But to learn from her and I just sort of adore the look of delight in her eyes when she realizes she's teaching me something I knew nothing about.
但向她学习的过程中,当她意识到她教了我一些我一无所知的东西时,她眼中的喜悦之情让我很喜欢。
She's just being nourished and inspired at school in ways I clearly can't keep up with.
她在学校里受到的启发和鼓励我显然跟不上。
I see in her and now in our youngest daughter too that they yearn to learn, they crave it in.
我在她身上看到了,现在在我们最小的女儿身上也看到了,她们渴望学习,很渴望。