Empty shelves, that's likely what you'll find looking for over-the-counter children's medicines due to an outbreak of respiratory illnesses.
由于呼吸道疾病的爆发,在购买非处方儿童药物时,你可能会发现货架上空空如也。
In response, CVS and Walgreens now in acting purchasing limits.
针对这一情况,CVS公司和沃尔格林公司目前采取了限购措施。
Independent pharmacists are feeling the strain, too.
独立药房也感受到了压力。
"It's across the board. Anything with respiratory viral, you know, OTC, that you might want to give your children, it's not available."
“这一情况是全方面的。所有你想给你孩子服用的与呼吸道疾病有关的非处方药,目前都无法买到。”
Dr. Patel says wholesalers won't get the drugs until late February.
帕特尔博士称,批发商要到2月底才能拿到这些药物。
He's surprised by the shortage given that early projection showed a rough flu season.
他对此次的药物短缺感到惊讶,因为早期有预测说,这会是一个严重的流感季节。
"And now we're stuck in the middle of it and there's nothing to give the kids."
“现在我们正处于困局之中,没有什么药可以给孩子们服用。”
This comes as experts predict a rising cases with people traveling this holiday season.
与此同时,专家预测,感染病例数将会随着假期旅行而有所增加。
"It's highly likely that we'll continue to see increases post this holiday gathering season."
“在这个假日聚会季之后,我们很有可能会看到感染人数继续增加。”
And experts say vaccination is still the best way to protect yourself.
专家表示,接种疫苗仍然是保护自己的最佳方式。