Hello. I’m Marina Santee.
大家好。我是玛丽娜·桑蒂。
And I’m Ruby Jones. Welcome to Spotlight.
我是鲁比·琼斯。欢迎收听重点报道节目。
This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting.
本节目用慢速英语的方式播报新闻。
It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live.
以便让世界各地的人们更容易听懂。
Welcome to our listener mail programme!
欢迎收听我们的听众来信节目!
We begin with a letter from Luis Atamirano in Ecuador. He writes:
我们从一封来自厄瓜多尔的路易斯·阿塔米拉诺的信开始。他写道:
‘I am very happy listening to the English programme.
“收听这个英语节目我感到很高兴。
Even my daughter is practising and speaking some conversations.
甚至我的女儿也在练习和说一些对话。
It is really nice. We are improving!
这个节目真的很不错。我们都在进步!
This is necessary because I work in a travel agency.
这是必要的,因为我在一家旅行社工作。
So, every day I meet people from different countries!’
所以,我每天都会遇到来自不同国家的人!”
Thanks for writing, Luis! You must meet lots of interesting people in a travel agency.
谢谢你的来信,路易斯!你在旅行社一定会遇到很多有趣的人。
It is a good place to learn about different countries - and languages.
这是一个了解不同国家和语言的好地方。
We are happy that Spotlight is helping you talk to customers there!
我们很高兴重点报道节目能帮助你与那里的顾客交谈!
Dennis Pitman is a good friend of Spotlight.
丹尼斯·皮特曼是重点报道节目的好朋友。
He teaches students in the Dalat English Club, Vietnam.
他在越南的大叻英语俱乐部教学生。
He wrote to us with some ideas for future programmes. He writes:
他写信给我们,对未来的节目提出了一些想法。他写道:
“There is a large Turkish community in Australia.
“澳大利亚有一个很大的土耳其社区。
And the government has finally invited them to join in with their ANZAC Day parade.
政府终于邀请他们参加澳新军团日游行。
This parade celebrates the terrible battle of World War One in Gallipoli, Turkey.
澳新军团日游行是为了纪念第一次世界大战中在土耳其加利波利进行的可怕战役。
This follows on from something that the Turkish leader, Kamal Ataturk, wrote over ninety years ago.”
这是在土耳其领导人凯末尔·阿塔图尔克90多年前写下的东西的基础上写的。”