“We do not just talk on the phone at the centre.
“我们在中心不只是打电话交谈。
It is also a place of learning.
它也是一个学习的地方。
We have no official training in managing poisons at the National University of Singapore.
我们在新加坡国立大学没有接受过管理毒药的正式培训。
That is where I studied.
那就是我学习的地方。
So we must learn while we work.
所以我们必须边工作边学习。
I finished school with a degree in Pharmacy in 2003.
2003年,我获得了药剂学学位。
Then I completed a nine month internship at Singapore General Hospital.
然后我在新加坡总医院完成了九个月的实习。
After that, I immediately started on-the-job training at the Drug and Poison Information Centre.
在那之后,我立即开始在药物和毒药信息中心接受在职培训。
It was set up the same year.
该中心是在同年成立的。
I continue to learn, but now I am also a teacher.”
我还在继续学习,但现在我也是一名教师。”
“If there are students working with us, I spend time discussing methods of treatment and drug information skills with them.
“如果有学生和我们一起工作,我会花时间与他们讨论治疗方法和药物信息技能。
Sometimes I make presentations on new drugs to the students or to the hospital’s other pharmacists.”
有时,我会向学生或医院的其他药剂师介绍新药。”
Loh is very proud of what she does.
罗对自己的工作感到非常自豪。
She has worked hard to succeed at her job.
为了在工作中取得成功,她一直很努力。
And she knows that she is helping many people.
她知道她正在帮助很多人。
She always finds out if her advice was helpful.
她总是想弄清楚她的建议是否有帮助。
“I always follow up on my cases to make sure our advice has had a good result.”
“我总是跟进我的案例,以确保我们的建议有好的结果。”
The health of our world depends on health workers like Loh.
我们世界的健康依赖于像罗这样的卫生工作者。
In the beginning of this program you heard a saying from Doctor John Agwunobi.
在本期节目的开始,你听到了约翰·阿格伍诺比医生说的一句话。
He described all the different kinds of things that health workers do.
他描述了卫生工作者所做的各种不同的事情。
Some health workers are educated, like Loh.
有些卫生工作者受过教育,比如罗。
And some are not. But all are important for preserving and improving world health.
而有些卫生工作者则没有受过教育。但所有卫生工作者对于维护和改善世界健康都很重要。
Many of Loh’s words were adapted into Specialized English to make them easier to understand.
罗的许多话都被改编成专业英语,以使它们更容易理解。
The information in this program came from the WHO’s website.
本期节目的信息来自世界卫生组织的网站。