We will never know why she went back to drugs.
我们永远不会知道她又开始吸毒的原因。
I only know what I read in her writings.
我只知道我在她写的文章中读到的东西。
Her addiction was a fight for her life every day.
她每天都在用生命对抗她的毒瘾。
No one really knew how hard it was for her.
没有人真正知道这对她来说有多难。
One night, my father telephoned; ‘Nikki, they say she is dead.’
一天晚上,我父亲打来电话:“妮基,他们说她死了。”
I screamed and I cried.
我尖叫着哭了起来。
It was the sound of complete defeat.
这是彻底失败的声音。
I had to see her.
我必须去见她。
I walked into the hospital room alone.
我一个人走进了病房。
It was cold and very quiet.
病房里很冷,很安静。
There was nothing in the room except a metal table.
房间里除了一张金属桌子什么也没有。
There was a person lying on top of it.
有一个人躺在上面。
Slowly I walked over to the table.
我慢慢地走向桌子。
My whole body was shaking.
我全身都在发抖。
It was Kyndall!
是金德尔!
Her head was turned to one side.
她的头偏向一边。
A tube was in her mouth.
一根管子插在她的嘴里。
I moved closer to her.
我走近了她。
Her eyes were a little open.
她的眼睛微微睁着。
I looked into them.
我凝视着她的眼睛。
I knew she was not there.
我知道她已经死了。
Her eyes were empty.
她的眼睛是空洞的。
She was gone.
她去世了。
I started crying.
我哭了起来。
Goodbye, my baby sister.
再见,我的小妹妹。
Heroin will no longer harm you.
海洛因不会再伤害你了。
I hate this drug.
我讨厌这种毒品。
I hate it with as much hatred as a person can have.
我对它恨之入骨。
Heroin, I hate it.
海洛因,我讨厌它。
It only takes one bad decision to ruin your life - and the lives of the ones who love you.
只要一个错误的决定就能毁掉你的生活以及爱你的人的生活。
Education is the best prevention of drug abuse.
教育是预防滥用毒品的最好方法。
I wish I had known more.
我真希望我知道得更多。
I wish Kyndall had known more.
我希望金德尔知道得更多。
Maybe she would still be here today.
这样的话,也许她今天就还活着。