Wait, who turned out the lights? Whoa, anybody there?
等等,是谁把灯关了?有人在吗?
Hello!
你好!
Oh, it's only you: the very charming but sometimes deadly scorpion.
哦,只有你:非常迷人但有时致命的蝎子。
There are around 1,500 different species, and you can find them pretty much, everywhere. Well... not here, obvious!
世界上大约有1500种不同种类的蝎子,你几乎可以在任何地方找到它们。嗯...显然这里不会有的!
Has anyone seen my car keys?
有人看到我的车钥匙了吗?
This sand scorpion lives in the deserts of North America.
这只沙蝎生活在北美的沙漠里。
Oh, good. I love chocolate mousse!
哦,很好。我喜欢巧克力慕斯!
I said deserts, not desserts.
我说的是沙漠,不是甜点。
Spoil sport!
真扫兴!
Scorpions are arachnids; they have eight legs, just like spiders, and venom, too.
蝎子是蛛形纲动物;它们有八条腿,就像蜘蛛一样,也有毒液。
Don't worry, only a few species can hurt us humans. Few!
别担心,只有很少种类的蝎子会伤害我们人类。很少!
They are the ultimate fighting machine.
它们是终极格斗机器。
Sensitive hairs act like radar to find any prey. A stinging tail, pincers, and sharp mouthparts.
像雷达一样,它们敏感的毛发可以寻找到猎物。此外还有带刺的尾巴、钳子和锋利的口器。
I'm a desert ninja!
我是沙漠忍者!
And with the help of a UV light, they also glow in the dark!
在紫外线的帮助下,它们在黑暗中也能发光!
Oh. Let's party. Is that you, Uncle Brian?
哦。让我们开派对吧。是你吗,布莱恩叔叔?
Yeah, it's me.
是的,是我。
They eat insects and other small critters by digesting them on the outside and sort of slurping them up.
它们会吃昆虫和其他小动物,从外面消化它们,然后开始吸吮。
And when times are tough, they'll even eat each other.
在困难时期,它们甚至会吃掉同类。
I came here to dance.
我是来跳舞的啊。
I'll miss you, Uncle Brian. Oh, it's what he would have wanted.
我会想你的,布莱恩叔叔。这是他想要的。
But even they have their enemies.
但即使是它们,也有天敌。
Get your eyes tested, snakey.
去检查一下你的眼睛吧,小蛇。
They may look like weird land lobsters, but the scorpion is 100% an amazing animal.
外表可能看起来像陆地龙虾的蝎子,绝对是一种神奇的动物。