Their Latin species name is mungos mungo.
它们的拉丁种族名是缟獴。
Hey, everyone. Mungos mungo are playing.
大家好。缟獴就是在下。
These adorable little creatures are found in Sub-Saharan Africa, and they spend a lot of time foraging for food.
这些可爱的小动物生活在撒哈拉以南的非洲,会花很多时间觅食。
What's on the menu? I can't see it.
菜单上有什么?我看不见。
On the menu today, we have millipedes, beetles, ants, termites, caterpillars, earwigs, eggs from snakes, and tortoises. Hey, come out, you're surrounded.
今天的菜单上有千足虫、甲虫、蚂蚁、白蚁、毛虫、土蜈蚣、蛇卵和乌龟。嘿,出来,你被包围了。
Uh, I'm not here.
呃,我不在。
Peter, where did you put that can opener?
彼得,你把开罐器放哪了?
These four-pound little predators make very nice snacks themselves.
这些四磅重的小食肉动物本身就是很好的零食。
So, they have to be careful when cruising the African savanna.
所以,它们在非洲大草原上巡游时必须小心。
Living in large groups does help protect them, but can also create rivalry with other mongoose clans. And little squabbles can break out.
大群体生活有助于保护它们,但也会与其他缟獴家族产生竞争。也会爆发小争吵。
Right, that's it, we're gonna duke it out at dawn.
好了,就这样,我们天亮时决一死战。
Oh, but I'm hungry.
哦,但是我饿了。
Okay, well, how about a hug first?
好吧,先抱抱吧?
Actually I'd rather hug a warthog.
其实我更想抱抱疣猪。
Oh, how dare you? Who happens to be covered in ticks, ugh.
你怎么敢这么说?刚好浑身都是虱子。
Both animals benefit, the warthog gets a good ticking off, and the mongoose gets to eat.
两种动物都受益,疣猪从虱痒中得到解脱,而缟獴也获得了食物。
Everyone in the mongoose pack helps look after their pups. Bye for now, mungo mungos.
缟獴群体里的每位成员,都会帮忙照顾它们的幼崽。再见了,缟獴。
Bye, bye, bye.
再见,再见,再见。