Mini English Lessons
迷你英语课
In today's Mini English Lesson, we're going to teach you some great expressions for talking about relationships and friendships.
在今天的迷你英语课中,我们将教你一些很棒的表达方式,用于谈论各种关系和友情。
And to help me with today's lesson, I've got my very good friend, David Tennant.
为了帮我录今天的课,我请来了我的好朋友大卫·田纳特。
I'm going to tell you the story of our friendship, which of course is completely true.
我将向你们讲述我和他的友情故事,当然这些故事都是完全真实的。
And while I tell you it, I'd like you to look out for some useful relationship expressions that we'll talk about at the end.
在我讲述的时候,希望你能留意一些有用的描述关系的表达方式,我们将在最后讨论这些表达方式。
So David and I met through mutual friends several years ago.
大卫和我是几年前通过共同的朋友认识的。
We met at a party and we hit it off immediately.
我们在一个聚会上相遇,而且我们一下子就感觉很合拍。
We got along really well and we started hanging out all the time and we spent lots of time together.
我们相处得非常好,开始经常一起出去玩,一起度过了很多时间。
We became really good friends.
我们成为了非常好的朋友。
Unfortunately, things became a bit difficult for David when he began to develop feelings for me.
不幸的是,大卫开始喜欢我,情况对他来说变得有点复杂。
I didn't want us to become more than friends.
我不想我们的关系超越朋友。
At the same time, David began to be very jealous of my successful teaching career.
与此同时,大卫开始非常嫉妒我的教学事业发展得很成功。
In the end, we fell out and we stopped talking completely.
最终,我们闹翻了,彻底不再说话。
We lost touch for a long time,
我们失去联系很长时间,
but after a while, David began to see the error of his ways,
但是过了一段时间, 大卫开始认识到他的错误,
and he contacted me to see if we could be friends again.
他联系我, 看看我们是否可以再次成为朋友。
I agreed that we could make up, and get back in touch.
我同意我们可以和好,然后又重新有联系了。
And since then, we've been the best of friends.
从那以后,我们就成了最好的朋友。
I can't imagine my life without him.
我无法想象没有他的生活。
Thank you, David, for being part of today's Mini English Lesson.
大卫,谢谢你参与今天的迷你英语课。
So, let's look at some of the expressions that we heard in my story of my friendship with David.
那么,让我们来看一些在我和大卫的友谊故事中讲到的表达方式。
First of all, when we met we hit it off, this means we immediately liked each other.
首先,当我们相遇时,我们一拍即合,这表示我们立刻喜欢上了彼此。
We hit it off.
我们一下子就感觉很合拍。
And then I said that we got along really well.
然后我说我们相处得非常好。
If you get along with someone, you have a good friendly relationship.
如果你与某人相处融洽,那么你们之间关系很好。
You could use it about your colleagues, your family.
你可以用这个词组来形容同事、家人。
You can also use it in the negative, like, I don't really get along with them.
也可以用否定形式,比如,我跟他们真的合不来。
When I talked about David's romantic feelings for me, I used the expression he developed feelings for me.
当我谈到大卫对我的恋爱感情时,我用了“他对我产生感情”这个表达方式。
We don't need to say romantic.
不需要说“恋爱”。
Everybody understands that that's what we mean.
每个人都明白,这种感情就是恋爱感情。
But I didn't return his feelings.
但是我没有回应他的感情。
So you can develop feelings for someone,
所以你可以对某人产生感情,
and you can return them or not return them.
然后你可以回应,也可以不回应。
I didn't return them, which means I didn't want us to be more than friends.
我没有回应,表示我不想我们之间的关系超越朋友。
Again, this means a romantic relationship, so "more than friends" is a useful expression we can use.
同样,这个表达的意思是恋爱关系,所以“超越朋友”是一个我们可以使用的有用表达。
When we had an argument, I said we fell out.
当我们发生争执时,我说我们闹翻了。
If you fall out with someone, you stop being friends.
如果你和某人闹翻了,你们就不再是朋友了。
But after some time, we made up.
但是过了一段时间,我们和好了。
If you make up with someone, you become friends again.
如果你和某人和好了,你们就再次成为了朋友。
Similarly, when we stopped being friends, we lost touch.
同样地,当我们不再是朋友时,我们就失去了联系。
We stopped talking and then afterwards we got back in touch.
我们不再和对方说话,后来又恢复了联系。
We started talking again.
我们又开始交谈了。
Finally, I said that I can't imagine my life without him.
最后,我说我无法想象没有他的生活。
This is a lovely expression to show how important somebody is for you,
这是一个很暖的表达方式,表明某人对你非常重要,
and that one is completely true.
而且这一点是真的。
So there you go, loads of great expressions that you can use to talk about all different kinds of relationships.
所以你明白了,你可以使用很多很棒的表达方式来谈论各种不同类型的关系。
Now you just need to go out there, make some more English friends so you can make use of them.
现在你只需要出去多交一些英国朋友,这样你就可以使用这些表达了。
Bye!
再见!