手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之冰雨的风暴 > 正文

第284期:权力的游戏冰雨的风暴 戴佛斯(08)

编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

"Your Grace, you cannot… I am no fit man to be a King's Hand."

“陛下,您不能…我不适合当首相。”

"There is no man fitter."

“没有比你更合适的人选。”

Stannis sheathed Lightbringer, gave Davos his hand, and pulled him to his feet.

史坦尼斯将“光明使者”收入鞘中,伸手把戴佛斯拉起来。

"I am lowborn," Davos reminded him.

“我出生低微,”戴佛斯提醒国王,

"An upjumped smuggler.

“从走私者跃升上来,

Your lords will never obey me."

您的诸侯们不会满意。”

"Then we will make new lords."

“那就废掉他们,重新立。”

"But… I cannot read… nor write…

“我…我不识读写…”

"Maester Pylos can read for you.

“派洛斯学士可以替你读。

As to writing, my last Hand wrote the head off his shoulders.

至于写,我的前任首相把脑袋都给写掉了。

All I ask of you are the things you've always given me.

我要的不过是你一直都给予我的东西:

Honesty.

诚实、

Loyalty.

忠心

Service."

和效劳。”

"Surely there is someone better… some great lord…

“一定有更好的人选…某个高尚的领主…”

Stannis snorted.

史坦尼斯哼了一声。

"Bar Emmon, that boy?

“巴尔艾蒙那小子?

My faithless grandfather?

我背信弃义的外祖父?

Celtigar has abandoned me, the new Velaryon is six years old, and the new Sunglass sailed for Volantis after I burned his brother."

赛提加抛弃了我,瓦列利安的新家主才六岁,而新的桑格拉斯伯爵在我烧死他哥哥后便航向瓦兰提斯。”

He made an angry gesture.

他愤怒地比划了一下。

"A few good men remain, it's true.

“只剩下少数好人。

Ser Gilbert Farring holds Storm's End for me still, with two hundred loyal men.

吉尔伯特·法林爵士率两百死士为我守着风息堡。

Lord Morrigen, the Bastard of Nightsong, young Chyttering, my cousin Andrew…

除此以外,还有莫里根伯爵,夜歌城的私生子,小齐特林伯爵,我的表亲安德鲁爵士…

but I trust none of them as I trust you, my lord of Rainwood.

但我信任你胜过他们任何人。

You will be my Hand.

你将成为我的首相,

It is you I want beside me for the battle."

我的雨林伯爵,未来的战斗中我需要你。”

Another battle will be the end of all of us, thought Davos.

再一场战斗,我们就全完了,戴佛斯心想,

Lord Alester saw that much true enough.

艾利斯特伯爵对此看得很清楚。

"Your Grace asked for honest counsel.

“陛下要求诚实的谏言,

In honesty then…

那么,诚实地讲…

we lack the strength for another battle against the Lannisters."

我们无力再跟兰尼斯特作战。”

"It is the great battle His Grace is speaking of,"

“陛下所指是真正的大战,”

said a woman's voice, rich with the accents of the east.

一个女人用浓重的东方口音接道。

Melisandre stood at the door in her red silks and shimmering satins, holding a covered silver dish in her hands.

梅丽珊卓就站在门口,身穿闪亮的滑丝长礼服,端一个覆盖子的银盘。

"These little wars are no more than a scuffle of children before what is to come.

“与即将到来的大战相比,你所谓的争夺不过是孩童打闹。

The one whose name may not be spoken is marshaling his power, Davos Seaworth, a power fell and evil and strong beyond measure.

那凡人不可道也的远古异神正在聚集力量,戴佛斯·席渥斯,可怕、邪恶而强大的力量,难以抗衡。

Soon comes the cold, and the night that never ends."

冷风已然吹起,很快到来的将是永不终结的长夜。”

She placed the silver dish on the Painted Table.

她将银盘放到绘彩桌上。

"Unless true men find the courage to fight it.

“除非正直的人们鼓起勇气,

Men whose hearts are fire."

伸张烈焰红心的信仰。”

Stannis stared at the silver dish.

史坦尼斯注视着银盘。

"She has shown it to me, Lord Davos.

“她亲自给我演示,戴佛斯大人。

In the flames."

透过圣火”

"You saw it, sire?"

“您看到了,陛下?”

It was not like Stannis Baratheon to lie about such a thing.

史坦尼斯·拜拉席恩不可能撒这种慌。

"With mine own eyes.

“亲眼所见。

After the battle, when I was lost to despair, the Lady Melisandre bid me gaze into the hearthfire.

黑水河之役后,我陷入绝望中,梅丽珊卓女士让我凝视壁炉。

The chimney was drawing strongly, and bits of ash were rising from the fire.

烟囱里的气流很强,点点灰烬飞升而起,

I stared at them, feeling half a fool, but she bid me look deeper, and…

我注视着它们,觉得自己像个傻瓜,但她让我看得更深,更深…

the ashes were white, rising in the updraft, yet all at once it seemed as if they were falling.

灰尘是白色,在气流中升起,但转瞬之间,它们仿佛又在飘落。

Snow, I thought.

那是雪,我心想。

Then the sparks in the air seemed to circle, to become a ring of torches,

接着,空气中的火星围成一个圆环,变成一圈火炬,

and I was looking through the fire down on some high hill in a forest.

我透过火堆俯瞰着森林中一座高高的山岗。

The cinders had become men in black behind the torches, and there were shapes moving through the snow.

火炬后面,木柴变成黑衣人,雪地里还有一些身影在移动。

For all the heat of the fire, I felt a cold so terrible I shivered, and when I did the sight was gone, the fire but a fire once again.

尽管有火焰的热量,我仍感到强烈的寒意,以至于浑身颤栗,接着那景象便消失了,火堆再次成为火堆。

But what I saw was real, I'd stake my kingdom on it."

但我看到的是真的,我以我王国的名义发誓。”

"And have," said Melisandre.

“您的王国业已命悬一线。”梅丽珊卓道。

The conviction in the king's voice frightened Davos to the core.

国王语中的确信让戴佛斯感到直达内心的惊恐。

"A hill in a forest… shapes in the snow… I don't…"

“森林中的山岗…雪地里的身影…我不…”

"It means that the battle is begun," said Melisandre.

“那意味着战斗已经开始,”梅丽珊卓说。

"The sand is running through the glass more quickly now, and man's hour on earth is almost done.

“沙漏的沙子流得更快,人类的时间所剩无几。

We must act boldly, or all hope is lost.

我们必须大胆行动,否则所有希望都将失去。

Westeros must unite beneath her one true king, the prince that was promised, Lord of Dragonstone and chosen of R'hllor."

维斯特洛必须联合起来,在唯一合法的国王名下,也就是预言中的王子,龙石岛之主,拉赫洛的选民。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
grace [greis]

想一想再看

n. 优美,优雅,恩惠
vt. 使荣耀,使优美

联想记忆
loyalty ['lɔiəlti]

想一想再看

n. 忠诚,忠心

联想记忆
frightened ['fraitnd]

想一想再看

adj. 受惊的,受恐吓的

 
chimney ['tʃimni]

想一想再看

n. 烟囱

 
despair [di'spɛə]

想一想再看

n. 绝望,失望
vi. 失望

联想记忆
circle ['sə:kl]

想一想再看

n. 圈子,圆周,循环
v. 环绕,盘旋,包围

 
core [kɔ:]

想一想再看

n. 果心,核心,要点
vt. 挖去果核

 
stake [steik]

想一想再看

n. 桩,赌注,利害关系
v. 下注,用桩支撑

联想记忆
measure ['meʒə]

想一想再看

n. 措施,办法,量度,尺寸
v. 测量,量

联想记忆
smuggler ['smʌglə]

想一想再看

n. 走私者

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。