手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 明星为你读绘本 > 正文

喜欢写故事的阿布杜尔(下)

编辑:Sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

“Nice sneaks! Can I see your story?” Mr. Muhammad asked.

“好漂亮的运动鞋!我能看看你的故事吗?”穆罕默德先生问。

“I don’t got a story,” Abdul whispered.

“我没有故事。”阿卜杜尔低声说。

“Everyone has stories.”

“每个人都有故事。”

“But I can’t write like them.” Abdul pointed.

“但我不会像他们那样写字。”阿卜杜尔指了指同学们。

“Me neither,” Mr. Muhammad said.

“我也不会,”穆罕默德先生说,

“Come with me. I want to show you my notebook.”

“跟我来,我想给你看看我的笔记本。”

“That’s a mess!”

“真是乱糟糟!”

“I get messy words out, so good words can come too.

“我把乱糟糟的字先写出来,漂亮的字才能出现。

I fix the mess later.”

之后再修改乱糟糟的字。”

Before walking away, he said, “Keep trying.”

穆罕默德先生走开之前说:“继续努力。”

That gave Abdul an idea.

这给了阿卜杜尔一个灵感。

“Bismillah,” he said.

“以真主之名。”他说。

SNAP!

咔嚓一声!

Abdul scribbled words and made mistakes without erasing.

阿卜杜尔潦草地写着字,写错了也不擦掉。

He wrote around the hole, filling the page.

他在那个洞的周围写,写满了整页纸。

“I wrote a mess like yours!” Abdul told Mr. Muhammad.

“我写了一篇像你那样乱糟糟的东西!”阿卜杜尔告诉穆罕默德先生。

Mr. Muhammad smiled.

穆罕默德先生笑了。

“Find a great story in there.”

“找到了一个精彩的故事。”

Abdul squinted.

阿卜杜尔眯起眼睛。

He saw words, misspelled, but wondrous and sloppy-looking sentences he loved.

他看到了拼写错误的单词,还有奇妙又字迹潦草的句子,但他喜爱这些词句。

Over the next few days, Abdul rewrote a less messy mess, then an even less messy mess.

接下来的几天里,阿卜杜尔重写了一份不那么凌乱的凌乱草稿,然后又写了一份更不凌乱的草稿。

He smiled when he read his story to himself.

他读着自己的故事时微笑了。

But when it was time to hand it in, he didn’t feel like smiling.

但到了交作业的时候,他却笑不出来了。

“That’s sloppy!” Jayda said.

“写得好乱啊!”杰达说。

“You spelled a word wrong,” Kwame added.

“你拼错了一个单词。”夸梅补充道。

Abdul slipped his paper underneath the others.

阿卜杜尔悄悄地把他的作业塞到其他人的作业下面。

Some kids are writers, Abdul thought, but not me.

阿卜杜尔想,有些孩子很会写,但我不会。

Days later, Mr. Muhammad returned.

几天后,穆罕默德先生回来了。

“I loved your stories!” He exclaimed.

“我很喜欢你的故事!”他惊呼道,

“I had to read one again and again. It was so good!”

“我忍不住读了一遍又一遍。写得太棒了!”

Everyone sat up. Everyone except Abdul.

所有人都立刻坐直了。除了阿卜杜尔的所有人。

Kwame whispered, “I bet it was mine.

夸梅悄声说:“我打赌是我的故事。

I spelled every word right.”

我把每个单词都写对了。”

Jayda whispered back, “He probably liked mine.

杰达悄声回应道:“他可能喜欢我的故事。

I have the best handwriting in the class!”

我的字是全班写得最好的!”

Mr. Muhammad started reading the story in a loud, clear voice.

穆罕默德先生开始用响亮、清晰的声音朗读这个故事。

It was about a boy with tall hair, shaped with sharp lines, and skin the orange-brown of sunrise.

故事讲的是一个男孩,他的头发高高耸起,发际线十分清晰,皮肤是日出时分的橙褐色。

He watched over the kids stomp-stomp-stepping down the block and the ones breaking to the beat of a city train.

他守护着那些在街区里跳重踏舞的孩子们,还有那些随着城市列车的节奏而跳着霹雳舞的孩子们。(注:这两种舞蹈都是黑人舞蹈。)

He even protected the grown-ups who sold things and were like family.

他甚至守护着那些卖东西的大人们,他们就像家人一样。

Abdul sat up. It was his story.

阿卜杜尔猛然坐直了。这是他的故事。

And then Mr. Muhammad paused.

然后穆罕默德先生停顿了一下。

He frowned at the page.

他对着那页纸皱起了眉头。

Abdul’s cheeks burned.

阿卜杜尔的脸颊发烫。

Everyone listened, wide-eyed and silent.

所有人都睁大了眼睛,安静听着。

Mr. Muhammad read on, stopping a few more times at mistakes, until he reached the end of the story.

穆罕默德先生继续读,又在读到几处错字时停顿,直到读完了故事的结尾。

“That was by Abdul,” Mr. Muhammad said.

“这是阿卜杜尔写的。”穆罕默德先生说。

Abdul slowly looked up.

阿卜杜尔缓缓抬起头。

Everyone stared.

所有人都盯着他看。

Were they smiling? Yes! And clapping, too!

他们是在微笑吗?是的!还在鼓掌呢!

“Great story!” Kwame told Abdul.

“好棒的故事!”夸梅告诉阿卜杜尔。

“I loved it!” Said Jayda.

“我好喜欢!”杰达说。

When they returned to their writing, Abdul whispered to Mr. Muhammad, “What about my mistakes?”

当他们继续写作时,阿卜杜尔悄声对穆罕默德先生说:“我的错字怎么办?”

“Writers make mistakes. We’ll work on them.”

“作家会写错字,我们慢慢改。”

As they worked, Abdul thought: Some people are writers, and I am one of them.

当他们在写字时,阿卜杜尔心想:有些人很会写,我也和他们一样。

I love this story because of Abdul’s journey.

我喜欢这个故事,因为我喜欢阿卜杜尔的内心旅程。

He was able to find his voice and realize that his voice matters.

他找到了自己的声音,并且意识到他的声音很重要。

And what I love about that is that we all have a story to tell.

我们每个人都有自己的故事要讲述,我很喜欢这一点。

And what beautiful way to tell stories through books.

而且通过书讲故事是多么美妙的方式。

So no matter your story, no matter how you tell stories, no matter your journey, make sure you tell it loud and proud because the world is ready to hear it.

所以无论你的故事是什么,无论你如何讲故事,无论你有什么样的旅程,请一定要大声而自豪地讲述它,因为世界已经准备好倾听。

Thank you for watching Storyline Online.

感谢收看《明星为你读绘本》。

Be sure to check out all of our stories.

请一定要观看我们所有的故事。

And remember, keep watching and keep reading.

以及请记住,保持观看,保持阅读。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
beat [bi:t]

想一想再看

v. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动
n. 敲打,

 
except [ik'sept]

想一想再看

vt. 除,除外
prep. & conj.

联想记忆
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
block [blɔk]

想一想再看

n. 街区,木块,石块
n. 阻塞(物), 障

 
sloppy ['slɔpi]

想一想再看

adj. 被泼水弄湿的,泥泞的,多阴雨的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。