手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 明星为你读绘本 > 正文

一起做黏黏的史莱姆吧(下)

编辑:Sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Now I’m up to my shoulders in the icky, sticky swamp.

现在黏糊糊的泥水漫过了我的肩膀。

“Hey, everybody,” Kaitlyn calls.

“嘿,大家听我说,”凯特琳喊道,

“Hailey and I wonder if we could WHIP this swamp into slime!”

“海丽和我在想,能不能把这泥水打发成史莱姆!”

Many arms start mixing, but this only makes bubbles!

许多胳膊开始搅拌,但只造出了许多泡泡!

They rise and grow until…the biggest bubble explodes!

泡泡飘起来,膨胀变大,直到最大的泡泡爆炸了!

KABOOM!!! My teacher looks ready to explode now too,

啪!老师看起来也要爆炸了,

because the icky, sticky swamp is landing everywhere!

因为黏糊糊的泥水流得到处都是!

Just then, the school nurse bursts in.

就在这时学校的护士冲了进来。

“Is everyone okay? What’s going on?”

“大家没事吧?发生什么了?”

“It’s supposed to be slime,” I splutter,

“应该变成史莱姆的,”我气急败坏地说,

“but I forgot the saline!”

“但我忘了带盐水!”

“I’m all out of saline,” the nurse says,

“我的盐水用完了,”护士说,

“but prizes make everything better.”

“但小红花可以改善所有事情。”

Her prizes add plenty of pizzazz, but I’m still stuck in the icky, sticky swamp.

她的小红花添加了很多色彩,但我还是被困在黏糊糊的泥水中。

My demo is a dud. A total disaster.

我的演示全完了,是彻头彻尾的灾难。

“Oh, why did I forget the saline?!” I wail.

“噢,我怎么忘了带盐水呢?!”我哭喊道。

“Oooh!” Owen shouts, running out the door.

“哦!”欧文一边喊一边跑出门,

“I know where to find saline in school!”

“我知道学校哪里有盐水!”

Owen is back in a flash.

欧文一眨眼就回来了。

“Saline from the science lab!” he shrieks, squirting a stream across the room.

“科学实验室里的盐水!”他尖叫道,并在教室里喷出一股盐水。

My classmates gasp as the swamp magically morphs into spectacular, squishy slime.

泥水神奇地变成了超赞的、黏糊糊的史莱姆,同学们惊讶地倒吸了一口气。

Everyone helps knead.

大家都帮忙揉史莱姆。

“Slime is simple,” the science teacher recites.

“史莱姆很简单,”科学老师吟诵道,

“Just three ingredients: glue, baking soda, and…”

“只需要三样原料:胶水、小苏打,还有……”

“SALINE!” we all shout.

“盐水!”我们齐声叫道。

Just then, I see my parents and the principal at the door.

就在这时我看到爸妈和校长站在门口。

“Hi, Matty!” Mom calls. “You forgot the saline at home!”

“嘿,马蒂!”妈妈喊道,“你把盐水忘在家里了!”

“I know,” I say, “but look! My friends saved the slime!”

“我知道,”我说,“但是看!朋友们拯救了史莱姆!”

“Impressive slime, kiddo,” Dad declares, lifting me into the air.

“好厉害的史莱姆,孩子们。”爸爸说完,把我举了起来,

“It’s filled with pizzazz – just like you!”

“这史莱姆丰富多彩,就像你们一样!”

Everyone is amazed.

大家都惊叹不已。

We roll the slime around.

我们把史莱姆揉起来,

The big blobs pick up the extra bits, so cleanup is fast and fun.

大团的史莱姆把零碎的史莱姆粘住,清理工作做得又快又好玩。

Soon our classroom is spotless.

很快教室就变得一尘不染。

As the final bell rings, my teacher hands out containers.

放学铃声响起,老师分给大家一些容器。

And just as I planned, there’s enough slime for everyone.

就像我计划的,每个人都有史莱姆。

My slime demo was a SUPER SUCCESS after all!

最终我的史莱姆演示大获成功!

When we get home, Dad hands me a package.

回到家,爸爸给了我一个盒子。

“What’s this?” I ask.

“这是什么?”我问。

“Read the card,” Mom says.

“读一下卡片。”妈妈说。

Dear Matty,

亲爱的马蒂:

Use this journal to track your imaginative experiments.

用这个日记本记录你充满想象力的实验吧。

I glued in one of my favorite slime recipes to get you started.

我把我最喜欢的史莱姆配方贴在了上面,你可以从这里开始。

Yours truly, Principal Stuckey

真诚的斯塔基校长

“Cool,” I say. “Now I’ll never forget an ingredient!”

“太棒了,”我说,“现在我再也不会忘记原料了!”

We follow Principal Stuckey’s recipe right away to make stretchy…

我们立刻用斯塔基校长的配方做了拉得长长的、

scientific…

科学的、

super squishy…

超级黏的

glow-in-the-dark slime!!

发夜光的史莱姆!

I love this book ‘cause it tells me that even if I make a mess,

我喜欢这本书,因为它告诉我,就算我把事情搞砸了,

I can clean it up and it’ll be beautiful.

我也可以把烂摊子清理干净,事情还是美好的。

That’s good to know.

知道这一点让我很开心。

Even if something goes wrong that with help, with friends, with teachers, with mothers and dads,

就算出了问题,只要有别人帮忙、有朋友、有老师、有父母,

that you can make them all right.

你就还是可以把问题补救。

Thank you for watching Storyline Online.

感谢观看《明星为你读绘本》,

Make sure to check out all of our stories.

请一定要观看所有的故事。

Keep watching, and keep reading.

请保持观看,保持阅读。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
swamp [swɔmp]

想一想再看

n. 沼泽,湿地
v. 淹没,陷于沼泽

联想记忆
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
disaster [di'zɑ:stə]

想一想再看

n. 灾难

联想记忆
explode [iks'pləud]

想一想再看

vt. 爆炸,驳倒
vi. 爆炸,爆发(感情)

 
imaginative [i'mædʒinətiv]

想一想再看

adj. 富于想象力的

 
recipe ['resipi]

想一想再看

n. 食谱,秘诀,药方

联想记忆
ingredient [in'gri:diənt]

想一想再看

n. 成分,原料,配料,因素

联想记忆
sticky ['stiki]

想一想再看

adj. 粘的,闷热的,困难的,令人不满意的

 
bubble ['bʌbl]

想一想再看

n. 气泡,泡影
v. 起泡,冒泡

 
glue [glu:]

想一想再看

n. 胶,胶水,胶粘物
vt. 粘贴,紧附于

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 粗野的鲨鱼克拉克(上) 2025-01-21
  • 粗野的鲨鱼克拉克(下) 2025-01-23
  • 已经下雪了! 2025-01-28
  • 别忘了要勇敢做梦 2025-01-30
  • 一起做黏黏的史莱姆吧(上) 2025-02-04
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。