手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 明星为你读绘本 > 正文

说话太直的弗兰克(上)

编辑:Sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Welcome to Storyline Online, brought to you by the SAG-AFTRA Foundation.

欢迎来到《明星为你读绘本》,由SAG-AFTRA基金会为您呈现。

I’m Bob Odenkirk, and today I’m gonna read Being Frank,

我是鲍勃·奥登科克,今天我要读的是《坦率的弗兰克》,

written by Donna W. Earnhardt and illustrated by Andrea Castellani.

作者是唐娜·W. 厄恩哈特,插话作者是安德里亚·卡斯特拉尼。

Frank was always frank.

弗兰克总是很坦率。(注:Frank可以是人名,也可以作形容词,表示“坦率的”。后文的人名都与各自的特点有关。)

“Honesty is the best policy,” he said.

“诚实是最好的策略。”他说。

Frank never lied to his schoolmates.

弗兰克从未对他的同学们撒过谎。

“Your freckles remind me of the Big Dipper,” he told Dotty.

“你脸上的雀斑让我想起了北斗七星。”他告诉多蒂。

Dotty pulled her hood over her face.

多蒂把帽子拉起来,挡住了脸。

“Your singing is kind of shrieky,” Frank told Carol.

“你的歌声有点刺耳。”弗兰克对卡萝尔说。

Carol stomped away.

卡萝尔跺着脚走开了。

Frank always told the truth to adults.

弗兰克总是对大人们说实话。

“Your breath smells funny,” he told his teacher, Ms. Zaroma.

“你的口气闻起来很奇怪。”他告诉扎罗马老师。

She sent Frank to the principal’s office.

老师把弗兰克送去了校长办公室。

“Your toupee looks like my pet weasel,” he told Principal Wiggins.

“你的假发看起来像我的宠物鼬。”他对威金斯校长说。

Mr. Wiggins called Frank’s mom.

威金斯校长就给弗兰克的妈妈打了电话。

“You wouldn’t get so many wrinkles if you didn’t glare at me like that,” Frank told his mom on the way home.

“你要是不那样瞪着我,就不会有这么多皱纹了。”在回家的路上,弗兰克对妈妈说,

“And by the way -- you’re speeding.”

“还有,顺便说一句----你超速了。”

And Frank was always, always honest with police officers.

而且弗兰克总是对警察说实话。

“Yes, officer,” he said.

“是的,警官,”他说,

“She knew how fast she was going. I told her.”

“妈妈知道她开得有多快。我告诉她了。”

Frank was very proud of being frank.

弗兰克对自己的坦率非常自豪。

But other than police officers, adults weren’t as impressed with Frank’s honesty as he thought they should be.

但是除了警察之外,大人们并没有像弗兰克认为的那样对他的诚实感到佩服。

“You’ll have wrinkles one day, too,” Mom said, rubbing on some lotion.

“总有一天,你也会有皱纹的。”妈妈边说边擦乳液。

“Some things are better left unsaid,” said Mr. Wiggins, adjusting his toupee.

“有些事情还是不说为好。”威金斯校长边说边调整假发。

“You don’t have to say everything you’re thinking,” said Ms. Zaroma, popping a mint in her mouth.

“你不必把所有想法都说出来。”扎罗马老师边说边往嘴里塞了一颗薄荷糖。

Frank’s schoolmates weren’t impressed, either.

弗兰克的同学们也没有佩服他的诚实。

“My freckles do not look like the Big Dipper,” Dotty said.

“我的雀斑看起来不像北斗七星。”多蒂说,

“And my mother says I shouldn’t listen to you.”

“而且我妈妈说,我不应该听你的。”

“I’m still going to sing in the talent show at the school carnival tomorrow -- but I’m not going to ride the Ferris wheel with you,” Carol told Frank.

“我明天还是会在学校狂欢节的才艺表演上唱歌,但我不会和你一起坐摩天轮。”卡萝尔告诉弗兰克。

“But we always ride the Ferris wheel together,” Frank whispered.

“但是我们总是一起坐摩天轮啊。”弗兰克低声说。

Everyone was upset, and now Frank wasn’t so happy either.

每个人都很沮丧,现在弗兰克也不那么高兴了。

Frank clipped his toenails and alphabetized his bug collection,

弗兰克剪了脚趾甲,然后把收藏的昆虫标本按字母顺序排列,

but he didn’t feel any better, so he walked down the block to Grandpa’s house.

但他并没有感觉好一些,于是他沿着街区走到了爷爷家。

Grandpa Ernest was on the porch, clipping his toenails.

欧内斯特爷爷正在门廊上剪脚趾甲。

“Incoming!” He yelled.

“指甲飞来了!”爷爷大喊。

Frank ducked.

弗兰克躲开了。

“What’s up, Frank?” Grandpa said.

“怎么了,弗兰克?”爷爷说。

“Everyone is mad at me for being frank.

“因为我很坦率,每个人都生我的气。

I’m not sure honesty is the best policy anymore.”

我不确定诚实是不是最好的策略了。”

“That used to happen to me, too,” said Grandpa.

“我以前也遇到过这种情况。”爷爷说。

Mrs. Peacock walked by and straightened her massive hat.

皮科克太太走过去,整理了一下她的大帽子。

“It’s new! Do you like it, Ernest?”

“这是新买的!你喜欢吗,欧内斯特?”

Frank thought the hat looked like a flower store on Mrs. Peacock’s head.

弗兰克觉得,那顶帽子看起来像皮科克太太头上开了一家花店。

“Well,” Grandpa said, “there are an awful lot of flowers up there.

“嗯,”爷爷说,“帽子上有好多花啊。

But my favorite is the purple one in the middle.”

但我最喜欢的是中间那朵紫色的花。”

“Thank you!” Mrs. Peacock beamed. “Toodle-oo!”

“谢谢!”皮科克太太露出了灿烂的笑容,“再见咯!”

Frank couldn’t believe his ears.

弗兰克简直不敢相信自己的耳朵。

“Grandpa, you lied!”

“爷爷,你说谎!”

“No, Frank, I told the truth.

“不,弗兰克,我说了实话。

I really do like the purple flower best.

我确实最喜欢紫色的花。

I talked about the good things on her hat instead of the not-so-good things.”

我说了她帽子上的好东西,而不是不那么好的东西。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
wheel [wi:l]

想一想再看

n. 轮子,车轮,方向盘,周期,旋转
vi.

 
carnival ['kɑ:nivəl]

想一想再看

n. 嘉年华会,狂欢节,饮晏狂欢

联想记忆
honesty ['ɔnisti]

想一想再看

n. 诚实,正直

 
illustrated ['iləstreitid]

想一想再看

n. 有插画的报章杂志 adj. 有插图的 v. 阐明;

 
glare [glɛə]

想一想再看

n. 闪耀光,刺眼
v. 发眩光,瞪视

 
unsaid [,ʌn'sed]

想一想再看

adj. 未说出口的;未用语言表达出来的 v. 取消;撤

 
upset [ʌp'set]

想一想再看

adj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的
v. 推翻,

联想记忆
massive ['mæsiv]

想一想再看

adj. 巨大的,大规模的,大量的,大范围的

 
block [blɔk]

想一想再看

n. 街区,木块,石块
n. 阻塞(物), 障

 
collection [kə'lekʃən]

想一想再看

n. 收集,收取,聚集,收藏品,募捐

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。