Twenty-one,
二十一
Man: You've been a reliable supplier for years and we're very grateful.
非常感激多年来,贵方一直稳定地为我方供货。
Would you be interested in a different form of collaboration now?
不知道现在你们对另一种形式的合作是否感兴趣?
We're putting on an exhibition of office equipment in the convention centre and we're looking for companies to help us meet some of the costs,
我们正在会展中心举办办公设备展览,正在寻找一些公司帮助我们承担一些成本费,
such as producing a catalogue.
比如制作目录。
There'd be some useful publicity for you and free tickets and hospitality for your guests.
这是给你们的一些有用的宣传资料,我们将为您的客人提供免费门票和热情款待。
Think about it. We don't need an instant decision. Discuss it with your director.
想想,不需要立即做出决定,和你们主管讨论一下。
Twenty-two,
二十二
Woman: Thanks for getting back to me so quickly about my request for a transfer,
谢谢你这么快就回复我的调职申请,
I'm sorry the company couldn't help, but I really do need to be in London.
公司没法安排我去伦敦,很抱歉我确实需要去那儿。
My husband's been offered a job there and it's too good to turn down.
我的丈夫在那里工作,待遇很好。
So I've been looking around and there's a possibility in the Publicity section at Richardsons' but they're selecting people tomorrow.
所以我一直在四处寻找工作,有可能在Richardsons的宣传部,但他们明天要招人
I have to provide a testimonial quickly. Would you mind doing me one?
所以我必须尽快提供一份证明,你介意帮我个忙吗?