Good morning, everyone. I'm here today to talk about networking.
大家早上好,今天我要讲的是社交网络。
First, I'll introduce myself. My name is Peter North.
首先,我要自我介绍一下,我叫彼得·诺斯。
I first began to think about starting my own business in two thousand and one and I actually set up the company with my business partner in two thousand and four.
2001年,我开始考虑自己创业,实际上,我和我的商业伙伴在2004年建立了这家公司。
I'm pleased to say it's doing very well.
我很高兴地说,公司运营得很好。
It's a printing firm and I'm sure the networking we've done has contributed to its success.
我们经营的是印刷业务,我们做的如此成功离不开社交网络的加持。
When we launched the company, we knew we could provide a good product.
公司成立时候,我们就知道我们会做出好的产品。
We just didn't have enough clients!
只是我们没有足够的客户!
We'd tried different methods of advertising.
我们尝试过不同的广告宣传方式。
We'd put ads in the trade press and on local radio, but we had the best results from advertising in a newspaper.
我们在贸易报刊和地方广播电台投放广告,但还是在报纸上投放广告效果最好。
Then we were introduced to networking, which made a real difference.
后来我们接触到了社交网络,公司也因此发生了重大改变。
We've made good contacts through an organisation called International Lynx that's L-Y-N-X.
我们通过一家叫做L-Y-N-X的组织与他们建立了良好关系。