Woman: As you know, the main supplier of our components announced suddenly last month that they were closing down shortly,
如你所知,我们的主要零件供应商上个月突然宣布,他们公司不久后就会关闭。
leaving us in a very difficult situation.
这让我们进入了一个很困难的处境。
I shortlisted four potential replacement suppliers, and have visited them all.
我筛选后列出了四个潜在的替代供应商,并一一拜访了他们。
I'll report on each, though I've only found one company that meets our needs entirely.
我会一一汇报这几个公司,但是我只发现了一家完全满足我们需求的公司。
Initially, I was optimistic about the first company I saw.
起初,我对第一家公司感到很乐观。
I was given an enthusiastic welcome and generous hospitality by the MD,
我受到了他们公司总经理的热烈欢迎和慷慨款待,
but when he took me on a tour of the factory, I began to have a few doubts about his commercial expertise.
但是当他带我参观他们的工厂时,我开始对他们的商业技能产生一些疑虑。
The factory is enormous -a converted aircraft shed, I think, almost too big to be practical.
工厂非常大-我觉得是一个改装的飞机库,太大了,不实用。
There is certainly enough machinery to produce the quantities we need, and that, of course, is vital.
当然,那里有足够的机器,能生产我们需要的产品数量,这当然是至关重要的。
However, I had one main concern. The company has recently invested heavily in state-of-the-art production equipment
但是,我有一个主要的担忧。该公司最近在最先进的生产设备上投入巨资,
and in a comprehensive training programme for machine operators.
而且为机器操作员提供全面的培训课程。
But I was surprised to see that half the factory wasn't in use because several important customers had cancelled orders.
但是,让我感到惊讶的是,有半个工厂没有在运作,因为几个重要的客户已取消了订单。
I was reassured that orders are dispatched quickly, and delivery times are impressive,
他们的订单很快就会发货,配送时间让人印象深刻,
and distribution isn't a problem - but I'd need to inspect their products more closely to see if the quality's what we require.
配送不成问题,这让我很放心-但是我需要更进一步地检查他们的产品,以判断质量是否符合我们的要求。