Man: Hello Angela. What's wrong? You don't look very cheerful!
你好,安吉拉。怎么了?你看起来不太高兴!
Woman: Hi Matthew. No, I'm not very pleased. I've just heard Phil Jones, one of my junior managers, has handed in his resignation!
你好,马修。是的,我不太高兴。我刚听说菲尔·琼斯,我的一个初级经理,递交了辞呈。
Man: Hmm. One of the managers in my department resigned three days ago - and then there were two who left in June.
我部门的一个经理三天前辞职了,还有两位六月份离开了。
Woman: What's wrong with them? Don't they like working here?
他们怎么了?他们不喜欢在这里工作吗?
Man: Oh,it's not that. We always have dozens of applicants for junior management posts.
哦,不是这样的。我们总是有几十个人申请初级管理职位。
Woman: Yes, because they know they can get good experience here that'll be useful in the future.
是的,因为他们知道他们可以在这里得到很好的经验,这在未来是有用的。
Man: Right. And once they've gained some experience with us, they can get a better-paid job somewhere else.
对。一旦他们在我们这里积累了一些经验,他们就能在其他地方找到一份薪水更高的工作。
Woman: You're right,I know,but why is it always about the money?
你是对的,我知道,但是为什么它总是关于钱?
Man: Lots of people are like that now. I suppose these junior managers are no different...
现在很多人都是这个样子。我认为这些初级经理也没什么不同。
But you know …I think they shouldn't be in such a hurry to leave.
但是你知道,我认为他们不应该这么快就离开。
They know the company likes to keep staff who are good at their jobs,
他们知道公司喜欢留住擅长本职工作的员工,
and there are plenty of opportunities for promotion if they stay longer than two years.
如果他们呆的时间超过两年,就会有很多升职的机会。