Man: You and your brother must be a good team.
您和您哥哥一定是个很棒的团队。
Woman: Well, Tom and I always discuss things but he's more creative and comes up with all the ideas while I look after the business side.
嗯,我和汤姆经常进行讨论,但他更富有创造性,所有点子都是他想出来的,而我则管理生意。
The thing about working with family is that you know they're going to be there tomorrow.
和家人一起工作的好处在于,你知道他们明天一定会在那里。
You can employ other key people, but then if you upset them, they'll probably leave.
至于其他的关键岗位,你可以雇佣别人,但如果你惹了他们,他们有可能会离开。
Man: Sure. People say it's tough work.
是的。人们说这是个艰难的工作。
Woman: There's no doubt that it is.
嗯,这是毫无疑问的。
Some staff don't go home until 4.30 in the morning ... but then they might not be on until the next evening.
一些员工直到凌晨4:30才回家……但他们可能下个晚上才会来。
I only work during the day I might add!
我只在白天工作!
I like to have some time to myself but most people in the restaurant business aren't like me.
我喜欢给自己留些时间,但大多数餐饮业的人都和我不一样。
People in the business tend to be outgoing, sociable types - the sort who enjoy an environment of constant activity and tight deadlines.
干这行的人都很外向而且善于社交——他们喜欢经常举办活动,而且喜欢时间期限紧迫的工作任务。
Man: What would you say to anyone who's thinking of going into the catering business?
您会对那些想加入餐饮业的人说些什么呢?
Woman: I'd say, start at the bottom.
我会说,从底层做起。
Interestingly, one of the institutions here is developing a recruitment technique based not on degrees and work experience but on the ability to learn.
有趣的是,这里的一家机构正在发展一种招聘策略——基于学习能力,而非学历和工作经验的招聘策略。
The food industry still maintains the idea of apprenticeship.
餐饮业依然秉持学徒制的观念。
Running a restaurant, working with the public - these are very complex skills and you must be prepared to start at the bottom and learn quickly.
经营一家餐厅、与大众一起工作——这些都是非常复杂的技能,你必须从底层做起并且迅速地学习。
Man: Well, thank you for coming along to the studio today, Olivia, and I wish you every success ...
嗯,感谢您今天能做客演播室,奥利维亚,我祝您取得成功……