1.at all costs 无论如何,不惜任何代价
We are determined to defend our motherland at all costs.
我们决心不惜任何代价保卫祖国 。
The women's volleyball team put up a desperate fight to win the world championship at all costs.
女子排球队为赢得世界冠军而不惜一切代价,殊死拼搏 。
2.ante up 预下,预付,先押注;(勉强地)付(款);捐(款):
How much did they each ante up?
他们每人先下了多少钱作赌注?
When will your younger sister ante up?
你妹妹什么时候付款呀?
3.break even 不赚不赔;并列起跑;打成平手
Taylor's business just managed to break even last month.
上月泰勒的生意不赔不赚 。
Whatever you make, you have to sell a certain amount to break even.
不管你做什么,你都要卖出一定数额才能达到收支相抵 。
4.cook the books 做假帐
Let's hope he didn't cook the books of the company.
咱们祈祷他没有篡改公司的账本吧 。
5.cash in 兑现;收到……货款
You may cash in this cheque at all times and all places.
你可以随时随地把这张支票兑成现金 。