Snowboarding legend, Shaun White, has more Olympic and X Games medals than anyone in the history of the sport;
滑雪板运动传奇人物肖恩·怀特在奥运会和世界极限运动会中获得的奖牌比历史上的任何人都更多;
he revolutionized, popularized this sport when he burst onto the global scene as a youngster. Now the 38-year-old is changing the game again,
他年轻时在全球舞台上崭露头角,彻底革新并普及了这项运动。如今,这位38岁的运动员再次改变了这个运动,
creating the Snow League.
他创立了“冰雪运动联盟”。
It's like NFL or NBA for winter sports.
这个联盟相当于冬季运动中的NFL橄榄球联盟或NBA。
It airs on peacock starting today.
从今天开始在孔雀流媒体平台上播出。
And I asked him all about it just a bit ago.
我刚刚就这件事采访了他。
Shaun White, the legend, the GOAT.
肖恩·怀特,你是传奇运动员,史上最伟大的运动员。
You created the Snow League.
你创建了冰雪运动联盟。
I mean what went into this? What was the impetus for this? This is so exciting.
我想知道,这是怎么来的?是什么推动你创立这个联盟?这真是太令人兴奋了。
You know I just noticed that...that the entire snowboarding season and...and winter free-skiing season was just really disjointed.
你知道,我注意到,整个滑雪板季节,以及冬季自由滑雪季节其实非常分散。
You know there was no connecting thread, um, just like any traditional sports. It's something that the sport, uh, desperately needs.
这些季节之间没有连贯的主线。就像任何传统体育项目一样,联盟是滑雪运动迫切需要的东西。
And I'm excited to be the one to usher in this new era of, uh, you know, winter competition.
我很激动,能成为引领这个新时代的人,能带来冬季竞赛的新时代。
So we've created this entire tour. Um, four stops -- we'll be in Aspen, China, Switzerland, and then back to Aspen again. So it's a very exciting time.
所以我们创立了完整的巡回比赛,一共四个站点。我们将前往美国阿斯彭、中国、瑞士,然后再回到阿斯彭。所以这是非常激动人心的时刻。
I've just been so fortunate you know.
我一直都非常幸运。
I came into a sport that was really misunderstood,
我参与了一项被严重误解的运动,
and you know even my...my principals at my school were like, well, you just don't find your sport legitimate.
甚至我学校的校长们也有误解,你会觉得你的运动不算真正的运动。
You know some people really didn't understand it and it was looked at as a daredevil sort of sport.
有些人真的不了解滑雪,认为这是一种冒险玩命的运动。
And I felt like my entire career was, you know, out there trying to legitimize, you know, the athleticism of what it takes to actually do what we're doing.
我觉得我的整个职业生涯都是在努力证明,我们所做的事情是需要运动能力的。
Um and I felt like I...I reached new heights.
嗯,我觉得我达到了新的高度。
You know if there was a way for me to give back to the sport and the next generation athletes, like this is it;
如果有一种方式能让我回馈这项运动,回馈下一代运动员,那就是这样了;
it's like creating this tour, um, and putting these athletes on the pedestal, um and...and just showing what they're capable of.
就是创立这个巡回赛,让这些运动员站上高台,展示他们能做到什么。