I'm Madeline Holcombe. I'm a wellness writer for CNN, and I am on a journey to try to like running.
我是玛德琳·赫尔科姆,我是CNN的健康内容作家,我正在努力尝试喜欢上跑步。
I want to, when I wake up in the morning, feel motivated to run and not dread it like I do now.
我希望当我早上醒来时,我会有动力去跑步,而不是像现在这样害怕跑步。
And so many don't dread running.
而且很多人并不害怕跑步。
There's been record attendance at marathons everywhere, from London to New York.
从伦敦到纽约,世界各地的马拉松参赛人数都创下了记录。
So I asked for some help because in one month I want to run my first 5k.
所以我寻求了一些帮助,因为我想在一个月内去跑我的第一个5公里。
I decided to bring in an expert -- running coach and Olympian, Julie Benson.
我决定请一位专业跑步教练和奥运会选手:朱莉·本森。
There's a saying in the running community that our sport is your sports punishment.
在跑步圈里有一句话:我们的运动是你们的酷刑。
You know there's still this little kind of negative connotation when it comes to running.
提到跑步时,还是会有这种小小的负面含义。
The first three weeks are very tough.
前三个星期是非常艰难的。
Honestly, that one was kind of discouraging.
老实说,有点令人灰心。
Start in very small segments and work the running segments up a little bit more.
先分段跑很短的时间,然后稍微跑长一点的时间。
Try not to add more than maybe 10% to each run, so if you're doing 30 minutes of 60 seconds jog, 60 seconds walk, that's 15 minutes of running.
每次增加时长尽量不要超过10%,如果你一共跑30分钟,其中60秒慢跑,60秒步行,那么跑步的时间就总共是15分钟。
So your next run shouldn't be much more total than 16 or 17 minutes, and just keep going that way,
所以你下一次的跑步总时长不应该超过16或17分钟,就一直这样跑下去,
you will turn that corner one day and all of a sudden you're going to say:
总有一天你会进入新阶段,然后你会突然觉得:
Oh my gosh, I just ran four minutes in a row without stopping.
哦,天哪,我刚刚没有休息地连续跑了四分钟。
Well, it is early it's cold, but it is race day.
今天很冷,但今天是跑马拉松的日子。
And after a little over a month of trying to put running into practice, I'm excited, but I'm also kind of nervous.
尝试跑步一个多月后,我很兴奋,但也有点紧张。
Of course, my competitive nature is a little bit worried that I'm going to come in dead last.
当然了,我的好胜天性有点担心自己会跑最后一名。