Before there was the written word, there was the language of dance.
在文字语言出现之前,就有舞蹈语言了。
Dance expresses love and hate, joy and sorrow, life and death, and everything else in between.
舞蹈表达爱与恨,欢乐与悲伤,生与死,以及两者之间的一切。
Dance in America is everywhere.
美国到处都有舞蹈。
We dance from Florida to Alaska, from horizon to horizon, and coast to coast.
我们的舞蹈跨越佛罗里达和阿拉斯加、跨越地平线、跨越海岸。
We dance at weddings, birthdays, office parties, or just to fill the time.
我们在婚礼、生日、办公室聚会跳舞,或只是为了打发时间。
"I adore dancing," says Lester Bridges, the owner of a dance studio in a small town in Iowa.
“我喜欢跳舞,”爱荷华州一个小镇的舞蹈工作室老板莱斯特·布里奇斯说。
"I can't imagine doing anything else with my life."
“我无法想象在我的生命中还能做些什么。”
Bridges runs dance classes for all ages.
布里奇斯为所有年龄的人开设舞蹈课。
"Teaching dance is wonderful.
“教舞蹈很棒。
My older students say it makes them feel young.
我年长的学生说,这让他们觉得自己很年轻。
It's marvelous to watch them.”
看着他们真觉得不可思议。”
For many of them, it's a way of meeting people and having a social life.
对他们中的许多人来说,这是一种与人交往和社交生活的方式。
“So why do we dance? I can tell you about one young couple,” says Bridges.
“那么我们为何跳舞?我可以给你们讲一对年轻夫妇的故事,”布里奇斯说道。
"They arrive at the class in a bad mood, and they leave with a smile.
“他们带着坏心情来到教室,带着微笑离开。
Dancing seems to change their mood completely."
跳舞似乎完全改变了他们的心情。”
So do we dance in order to make ourselves feel better, calmer, healthier?
那么,我们跳舞是为了让自己感觉更好、更平静、更健康吗?
Andrea Hillier, a dance teacher, says, "Dance, like the rhythm of a beating heart, is life.
舞蹈老师安德里亚·希利尔说,“跳舞就像心跳的节奏,是生活。
Even after all these years, I want to get better and better.
即使过了这么多年,我还想越跳越好。
I keep practicing even when I'm exhausted.
即使在我筋疲力尽的时候,我还是坚持练习。
I find it hard to stop.
我发现很难停下来。
Dancing reminds me I'm alive."
跳舞让我觉得我还活着。”
Questions 22 to 25 are based on the passage you have just heard.请根据你刚刚听到的文章回答问题22至问题25。Question 22: What does the passage say about dance in America?
问题22:关于美国的舞蹈,这篇文章说了些什么?
Question 23: What do we know about Lester Bridges' dance studio?
问题23:关于莱斯特·布里奇斯的舞蹈工作室我们知道些什么?
Question 24: What happened to the young couple after they attended Lester Bridges' class?
问题24:这对年轻夫妇上完莱斯特·布里奇斯的课后发生了什么事?
Question 25: What did Andrea Hillier say about dancing?
问题25:关于跳舞,安德里亚·希利尔说了什么?