Conversation 2
对话2
So how is our presentation about the reconstructuring of the company coming along?
关于公司结构调整的演示现在做得怎么样了?
Fine, I am putting the finishing touches to it now, but we will have to be prepared for questions.
现在已经快要接近完成了,但是我们要准备应对提问。
Yes, there is already a feeling that this is a top-down change, we really need to get everyone on board.
是的,员工们已经感觉到这是一个至上而下的改变,我们的确需要让大家都同意。
Well, there's been an extensive consultation period.
不过已经有很长一段协商期了。
I know, but there is always the feeling that if it isn't broken, don't fix it.
我知道,但是总有人感觉如果没有完全破裂的话,并不需要解决。
People are worried about their jobs too. I think we need to address that while there will be some job changes, there won't be anyone getting dismissed. In fact, we are looking to take on more staff.
人们也担心自己的工作。我觉得我们需要说明,尽管会有一些岗位调整,但是没有人会被解雇。事实上我们要招聘更多的员工。
Agreed. You can hardly blame people for worrying, though.
是的,但是真的不能责怪人们的担忧。
We need to make it clear that it's not just change for change's sake.
我们需要说明,这并不是为了调整而调整。
In other words, we really must make the case for why we are doing it. So, what's the outline of the presentation?
也就是说,我们的确必须解释清楚,我们为何这么做。所以,这个演示的大纲是怎样的?
I'll start with the brief review of the reasons for the change that we really need to make a clean break to restart growth.
开头我会简短地回顾一下调整的原因,我们真的需要采取措施再次实现增长。
After that, I'll outline the new company's structures and who is going where.
然后我会大致讲一下新公司的架构以及每个人的岗位。
Then we will hand it over to you to discuss the timeline and summarize and we'll take questions together at the end. Anything else?
然后你来讨论一下时间安排,进行总结,最后一起回答问题。还有其他事情吗?
Oh, yeah. We should let the staff know the channels of communication, you know, who they can contact or direct questions to about these changes.
好的。我们应该让员工知道沟通的渠道,他们可以联系谁,询问谁关于这些调整的问题。
Yes, and we can collect some frequently asked questions and present some general answers.
是的,我们应该收集一些经常被问到的问题,准备一些通常的答案。
And we will make the presentation and questions available via the company's own computer network, right?
我们需要把演示和问题传到公司内部的网络,是吧?
Yes, we'll make a page on the network where staff can download all the details.
是的,我们可以在网站上建一个网页,员工们可以下载这些细节。
Alright, perhaps we should do a practice run of the presentation first.
好的,或许我们应该先练习一下演示过程。
You bet.
当然。
5. What is the man going to do?
5. 这位男士将要做什么?
6. What does the man say about the restructuring?
6. 这位男士就公司重组发表了什么看法?
7. What will the man explain first?
7. 这位男士首先要解释什么?
8. How can the staff learn more about the company's restructuring?
8. 员工如何了解更多关于公司重组的信息?