My lifetime hobby-studying stars
我一生的爱好——研究星星
- by Patrick Moore
- Patrick Moore
When I was eight, I got a book about stars.
当我八岁时,我得到了一本关于星星的书。
That was the beginning of my lifetime hobby.
那是我一生爱好的开始。
I used to go outside with my mum on clear nights and look at the sky.
在晴朗的夜晚,我曾经跟着我的妈妈去外面看夜空。
It looked like black velvet with a million diamonds on it.
它看上去就像镶有百万颗钻石的黑色天鹅绒。
In different seasons, we saw different groups of stars.
在不同的季节里,我们看见了不同的星团。
Sometimes we saw stars shooting brightly across the sky.
有时我们看见星星明亮地划过夜空。
How beautiful they were!
它们是多么美啊!
Studying the stars was great fun for me.
研究星星对我来说充满了乐趣。
Once I learnt a little about them, I soon wanted to find out more and more.
当我学到了一点关于他们的知识,很快我就想知道得更多。
Now it is my career. I host a TV programme called The Sky at Night.
现在这成了我的职业。我主持了一个名为《夜空》的电视节目。
I use my knowledge to tell people about the stars in a lively way.
我用我的知识,以一种生动的方式让人们了解星星。
I am proud of my TV programme-it has lasted for more than 50 years!
我以我的电视节目而自豪——它已经持续了 50 多年了
Actually, you can turn your hobby into your career too.
其实,你可以把你的爱好变成你的职业生涯了。
Anybody can achieve their dreams. You just have to enjoy what you do!
任何人都可以实现自己的梦想。只要你享受你做的事情!