Yang Ming: You must be excited about leaving for China tomorrow, Steve!
杨明:你一定很兴奋明天起程前往中国,史蒂夫!
Steve: Yeah, but I'm a little nervous, too.
史蒂夫:是的,但我也有点儿紧张。
Yang Ming: Why?
杨明:为什么?
Steve: Well, for one thing, I don't know how to use chopsticks very well... and I don't know how to behave at the dinner table.
史蒂夫:哦,首先,我不知道如何很好地使用筷子……并且我不知道在餐桌上如何表现。
Yang Ming: Oh, I see. Well, one important thing is that you're not supposed to start eating first if there are older people at the table.
杨明:噢,我明白了。嗯,一件很重要的事情是如果有长辈在餐桌上,你不应该先吃。
Steve: That's interesting. In the United States, it doesn't matter.
史蒂夫:那很有趣。在美国,那没关系。
Yang Ming: Yeah, I know. It's also impolite to stick your chopsticks into yo ur food. You shouldn't point at anyone with your chopsticks, either.
杨明:是的,我知道。把筷子插入你的食物中也是不礼貌的。你也不能用筷子指着任何人。
Steve: Oh, OK.
史蒂夫:哦,好的。
Yang Ming: Oh, and there's one more thing you need to know. You're not supposed to talk when you're eating dinner. Only parents are expected to talk at the dinner table. Children are not allowed to speak.
杨明:噢,还有一件事你必须知道,当你吃饭时,你不应该说话。只有父母在餐桌上可以说话。孩子们不允许说话。
Steve: Wow! That's... that's unusual!
史蒂夫:哇!那……那很不寻常!
Yang Ming: Haha, I'm just kidding!
杨明:哈哈,我只是在开玩笑