1 My Dad at Home and at Work
1 家里的爸爸和工作的爸爸
He comes home, has a shower,
他回来了,冲了澡,
And eats dinner, every day.
吃晚餐,日日如此。
Now, he's sitting in his favourite chair.
现在,他正坐在他喜欢的椅子上。
He's reading the paper and watching television.
他在看报纸,看电视。
Soon he'll go to bed.
一会儿他就要去睡觉了。
He's boring man, my dad.
我的爸爸是个无聊的人。
And then one day I see him,
然后有一天,我看到他
On the building site, at work.
在建筑工地上工作。
He's high up, in the clouds, up in the air.
他很高,在云朵里,在空中。
He's making a building, he's fixing a crane, so clever.
他在建房子,他在修理吊车,他真聪明。
He's working higher than the birds,
他工作的地方比鸟儿飞得还要高。
He's walking on a narrow plank,
他走在狭窄的板条上,
Not scared, not scared like me.
不害怕,不像我害怕。
He's a super man, my dad.
我的爸爸是个超人。
2 My School
2 我的学校
"For your homework, write a poem,"
“你们的家庭作业是写一首诗,”
You said to us, Miss Li.
李老师,这是你对我们说的。
I wrote these verses on my own,
我自己写了这些诗。
I hope you're pleased with me.
我希望你能满意。
I want to talk about the school I loved when I was small.
我小时候就想谈谈我喜欢的学校
With lots of little boys and girls, two teachers and a hall.
它有很多男孩女孩,两个老师和一个大厅。
Mr Black was sometimes cross:
布莱克先生有时很生气:
"Silence! Pay attention!"
“安静!专心!”
He scolded pupils in his class, and put them in detention.
他在班里教训学生,并把他们留在班里。
But Miss White was like you, Miss Li,
但是怀特老师就像你一样,李老师,
She helped in every way.
她处处帮助别人。
She loved chatting with her class,
她喜欢和学生聊天,
Her lessons seemed like play!
她的课就像在玩耍!
If you're puzzled by my words, I can explain, Miss Li.
李老师,如果你不明白我的话,我可以解释。
The staff and students were not real,
所有老师和学生都不是真人,
They're little dolls, you see.
你看,他们是小玩具。