Chinese architect wins major prize
中国建筑师获大奖
I was delighted to hear the recent news that the Chinese architect, Wang Shu, has been awarded the Pritzker Architecture Prize.
中国建筑师王澍近日荣获普里兹克建筑学奖,喜讯传来,我非常欣喜。
As a Canadian architect working on many projects throughout China over the last 15 years,
作为一名加拿大建筑师,我在过去的15年间参与了中国各地的众多工程项目,
I have been fortunate to work together with many great Chinese architects and artists.
曾有幸与中国许多杰出的建筑师和艺术家们一起工作。
I was not so surprised to hear the news
听到这个消息我并不感到意外,
as I have witnessed a cultural renaissance in the arts in China,
因为我亲眼目睹了中国艺术界的一场“文化复兴”,
in particular, in the fields of contemporary art and architecture.
尤其是在当代艺术和建筑领域。
I continue to be amazed by the hunger in the creative community here for individual and cultural expression.
这些创新团体对自我和文化表达的热切渴望一再令我感到惊叹。
Walking through Beijing’s 798 Art District, you can feel an energy in contemporary art and culture.
漫步在北京798艺术区可以使你感受到当代艺术和文化的狂热活力。
I think the award is also timely,
我认为这个奖来得正是时候,
as we witness the “coming home” of a highly educated emerging generation of Chinese architects.
因为我们亲眼看到,受过高等教育的新一代中国建筑师正在回归。
They have learned their craft both abroad and in China.
他们接受国内外的教育,学成技艺。
This vanguard generation no longer needs to look enviably at foreign architects designing premiere projects in their homeland.
作为先锋一代,他们不用再羡艳地看着国外设计师们可以在本国亲手设计自己的建筑项目处女秀。