Part I: Listening Comprehension
第一部分:听力理解
Section A: In this section, you will hear five short conversations. Each conversation will be read only once.
第一节:在本节中,你将听到五段短对话。每段对话只读一遍。
At the end of each conversation, there will be a twenty-second pause.
每段对话后有20秒钟的停顿。
During the pause, read the question and the four choices marked A, B, C and D, and decide which is the best answer.
在停顿期间,阅读问题和A、B、C、D四个选项,并选出最佳答案。
Then mark the corresponding letter on the answer sheet with a single line through the centre.
然后在答题纸上用一条线标出相应的字母,线划在字母的中间。
1.I hear that Dorothy’s folks paid a lot for the wedding.
1.我听说多萝西的家人为婚礼花了很多钱。
Yeah! Her dad is really loaded.
是的!她爸爸很有钱。
You should have seen all the guests!
你真该看看所有的宾客!
Mostly from the bride’s side, I bet.
我敢打赌,大部分宾客都是新娘那边的。
2.We’re finally in New York.
2.我们终于到纽约了。
What’s the first thing on the agenda for today?
今天议程上的第一件事是什么?
I’d like to have a view of the city from the Empire State Building.
我想从帝国大厦俯瞰这座城市。
Well, I think we should go to see the Statue of Liberty first.
嗯,我想我们应该先去看看自由女神像。
After all, it represents what America is all about.
毕竟,它代表了美国。
I’ll go for that, but I’d still like to see downtown Manhattan and visit some of those fancy stores along 5th Avenue.
我会去的,但我还是想去看看曼哈顿市中心,逛逛第五大道的那些高档商店。
3.My goodness, Ellen!
3.天哪,艾伦!
You’ve got enough groceries there to feed an army!
你的杂货足够养活一支军队了!
Actually, you wouldn’t believe how much we saved by using all those coupons I collected from the Sunday paper and magazines.
事实上,你不会相信我们用那些从周日报纸和杂志上收集来的优惠券省了多少钱。
I must admit you’ve made a believer out of me.
我必须承认你让我相信了。
I sincerely apologize for having asked you to stop collecting what I thought was a bunch of junk mail.
我真诚地向你道歉,因为我曾要求你停止收集我认为是一堆垃圾邮件的东西。
4.What are you wearing to the art exhibition?
4.你穿什么去参加艺术展?
I understand it’s going to be a rather high-class affair.
我知道这将是一场相当高级的活动。
My blue jeans with a white shirt, tie, and a sport coat.
我会穿蓝色牛仔裤,白色衬衫,领带和运动外套。
Do you think jeans would be appropriate for the occasion?
你认为这种场合穿牛仔裤合适吗?
Why not? If those designers of men’s clothes can wear them at fashion shows and on TV, I’m sure I’ll fit right in.
为什么不合适?如果那些男装设计师能在时装秀和电视上穿它们,我确定我穿它们去很合适。
It’s not like I’m going to attend somebody’s wedding.
我又不是要去参加别人的婚礼。
5.Look. I’ll help you with your English paper if you help me with my maths.
5.听我说。如果你帮我做数学,我就帮你做英语试卷。
This problem really had me confused.
这个问题真的把我搞糊涂了。
Great! First, check out my paper for grammar and spelling.
太棒了!首先,检查一下我试卷上的语法和拼写。
The maths problem should be a breeze.
这道数学题应该很简单。
Oh yeah? It might be a breeze for you, but it’s more like a hurricane to me.
哦,是吗?它对你来说可能很简单,但对我来说很难。