Part I: Listening Comprehension
第一部分:听力理解
Section A: In this section, you will hear five short conversations. Each conversation will be read only once.
第一节:在本节中,你将听到五段短对话。每段对话只读一遍。
At the end of each conversation, there will be a twenty-second pause.
每段对话后有20秒钟的停顿。
During the pause, read the question and the four choices marked A, B, C and D, and decide which is the best answer.
在停顿期间,阅读问题和A、B、C、D四个选项,并选出最佳答案。
Then mark the corresponding letter on the answer sheet with a single line through the centre.
然后在答题纸上用一条线标出相应的字母,线划在字母的中间。
1.I’m starting a yoga class tomorrow.
1.我明天开始上瑜伽课。
Do you want to come?
你想来吗?
I’m not sure. In the photos I’ve seen, it looks kind of painful.
我不确定。在我看到的照片中,它看起来有点痛苦。
Plus, the people are all so thin.
而且,那里的人都很瘦。
Don’t worry about that.
别担心。
It’s a beginner’s class, so it will be really easy.
这是初学者班,所以会很简单。
And, it’s for people of every height and weight.
而且,它适合各种身高和体重的人。
Come on, give it a try.
来吧,试一试。
2.Gloria has a lot of things going on in her life right now.
2.格洛丽亚现在的生活中有很多事情要做。
Yes, she does.
是的,她有。
Her parents are sick, her car’s not working, she’s building a new house, and she just got a new job.
她的父母生病了,她的车坏了,她正在盖新房子,她刚刚找到了一份新工作。
Wow, that’s a lot of stress.
哇,压力可真大。
One more thing and she’s going to be a basket case.
这样下去,她会变得精神失常的。
3.How long have you been staying in the school dorm?
3.你在学校宿舍住了多久?
For the last ten weeks.
住了十周。
I’ve been doing the Academic Language course since the beginning of July.
我从七月初就开始上学术语言课程。
So, you’re looking for somewhere to stay then.
那你之后要找地方住。
4.I’ve got to write an essay on electrical distribution systems, but I can’t find any suitable books in the engineering section on level three.
4.我要写一篇关于配电系统的论文,但我在三楼的工程区找不到合适的书。
Have you used the library search engine?
你用过图书馆的搜索引擎吗?
You mean where you type the keywords into the computer?
你是说在电脑里输入关键字搜索吗?
Yes, I’ve done that.
是的,我搜过。
A couple of books come up but they’re not on the shelves, someone’s taken them out.
我找到了几本书,但它们不在书架上,有人把它们拿走了。
5.I was always thinking I’d go to university, but the fees are so high now.
5.我一直想上大学,但现在学费太高了。
I was looking for other options, something where I can be sure I’d get a job afterwards.
我在寻找其他的选择,我可以确定我利用这种选择在之后能找到工作。
Yes, that’s a real problem now, isn’t it?
是的,这是一个真正的问题,不是吗?
Yeah, and the fact that I’m not really sure whether the university courses really prepare you for any particular job.
是的,我真的不确定大学课程是否真的会让你做某个特定的工作做好准备。
They’re too academic, not really very practical.
它们太学术化了,不太实用。