Hi, Tim. Have you been here long?
嗨,蒂姆。你在这里待很久了吗?
Hi. I arrived on Sunday. How about you?
嗨。我周日到的。你呢?
I got here a few days ago, on Saturday… oh, no, wait a minute… sorry, Friday, not Saturday.
我几天前到的。周六……哦不,等一下,不好意思,是周五,不是周六。
But we didn't have to be here until today.
我们可以今天才来的。
Yes, I know, but I wanted to get my things moved into my room and take a look around.
是啊,我知道,但是我想把东西搬进我的房间,还有到处走走。
So, did you choose English as your major in the end?
那么,你最终选择英语作为你的专业了吗?
No. I changed my mind and chose history instead.
没有。我改主意了,选了历史。
And you are doing biology, if I remember correctly.
如果我没记错的话,你是学生物对吧。
Yes.
是的。
How much reading have you got?
你看了多少书啦?
I was given an amazingly long list of books to read. See?
我有一张很长的书单要读。看到了吗?
Well, mine isn't as long as yours, but I don't know how to get through them all.
额,我的没你那么长。但是我不知道要怎么把它们全部看完。
Do I have to make notes while reading?
我在读的时候要记笔记吗?
Well, you'd better skim the books first to see what's important and what isn't.
嗯,你最好先浏览一下,看看那些地方是重点哪些不是。
But what if you miss something?
但是万一你漏掉了什么东西呢?
You don't mean you're going to read every word, do you?
你不是要每个字都看吧?