手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 高中英语 > 高中英语教程 > 人教版高中英语 > 人教版高中英语必修第5册 > 正文

人教版新课标高中英语(必修5):Unit4 Making the news-Reading(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:ivy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

必修五第四单元做新闻

Reading

阅读

My First Work Assignment

我的第一项工作任务

"Unforgettable", says new journalist

“难以忘怀,”新闻记者说

Never will Zhou Yang (ZY) forget his first assignment at the office of a popular English newspaper.

周阳永远不会忘记他在一家畅销英文报纸的第一项工作任务。

His discussion with his new boss, Hu Xin (HX) , was to strongly influence his life as a journalist.

他同新上司胡欣的讨论对他的记者生涯必将产生强烈的影响。

Welcome. We're delighted you're coming to work with us.

欢迎你,非常高兴你来参加我们的工作,

Your first job here will be an assistant journalist.

你来这里首先就是当助理记者。

Do you have any questions?

有什么问题吗?

Can I go out on a story immediately?

我可以马上去采访吗?

(laughing) That's admirable, but I'm afraid it would be unusual!

(笑)真是勇气可嘉!不过恐怕这不太合乎常规!

Wait till you're more experienced.

还是等到你比较有经验以后吧。

First we'll put you as an assistant to an experienced journalist.

我们先要派你给有经验的记者作助理。

Later you can cover a story and submit the article yourself.

以后,你才能独自去进行新闻采访并提交自己的新闻稿。

Wonderful. What do I need to take with me?

太好了!我需要随身带些什么?

I already have a notebook and camera.

我已经带了笔记本和照相机。

No need for a camera.

不需要照相机!

You'll have a professional photographer with you to take photographs.

你们将带上一名专业摄影师去拍照。

You'll find your colleagues very eager to assist you,

你将发现你的同事们会热情地帮助你。

so you may be able to concentrate on photography later if you're interested.

如果你对摄影感兴趣,以后你可以集中精力去钻研。

Thank you. Not only am I interested in photography,

谢谢你。对摄影我不仅只是感兴趣,

but I took an amateur course at university to update my skills.

在大学里我还专修过业余摄影课来更新我的技术。

Good.

那很好啊。

What do I need to remember when I go out to cover a story?

我出去采访时还需要记住些什么事呢?

You need to be curious.

你需要有好奇心。

Only if you ask many different questions will you acquire all the information you need to know.

你只有提出了许多不同的问题之后才有可能获得你需要知道的信息。

We say a good journalist must have a good "nose" for a story.

我们说,一个好的记者必须有一个对新闻非常敏感的“嗅觉“。

That means you must be able to assess when people are not telling the whole troth

那就是说,在人们没有说出全部真相时,你必须能够判断出,

and then try to discover it.

并努力发现真理。

They must use research to inform themselves of the missing parts of the story.

记者必须通过调查研究,来使自己了解到被遗漏的那部分情况。

What should I keep in mind?

我应该注意些什么呢?

Here comes my list of dos and don'ts: don't miss your deadline, don't be rude, don't talk too much, but make sure you listen to the interviewee carefully.

下面是我的行为准则:不要延误任务规定的期限,不可对人粗鲁,不可自己说得太多,务必认真倾听被采访人回答问题。

Why is listening so important?

为什么听人家讲话这样重要呢?

Well, you have to listen for detailed facts.

你得听清楚事实的细节。

Meanwhile you have to prepare the next question depending on what the person says.

同时,你还要根据被采访人所说的话准备提出下一个问题。

But how can I listen carefully while taking notes?

在我记笔记的同时,怎么能仔细倾听对方的答话呢?

This is a trick of the trade.

这就是我们职业的诀窍了。

If the interviewee agrees,

如果被采访人允许,

you can use a recorder to get the facts straight.

你可以使用录音机,录下全部事实。

It's also useful if a person wants to challenge you.

如果有人提出质疑,这也有用。

You have the evidence to support your story.

你就有证据来支持自己的报道了。

I see!

我明白了!

Have you ever had a case where someone accused your journalists of getting the wrong end of the stick?

你有没有过这样的情况:别人控告你的记者,说他的报道失实?

Yes, but it was a long time ago.

有的。不过这是很久以前的事了。

This is how the story goes.

事情是这样的:

A footballer was accused of taking money for deliberately not scoring goals so as to let the other team win.

一位足球运动员被指挥受贿,故意不进球,好让对方球队赢球。

We went to interview him.

我们去采访了他。

He denied taking money but we were sceptical.

他否认收了钱,但我们对此表示怀疑。

So we arranged an interview between the footballer and the man supposed to bribe him.

于是,我们安排这名球员和被认为行贿的人一起接受采访,

When we saw them together we guessed from the footballer's body language that he was not telling the truth.

而当我们看到他们在一起时我们就从足球运动员的体态语上猜到他没有说真话。

So we wrote an article suggesting he was guilty.

我们写了一篇文章,暗示足球队员有罪。

It was a dilemma because the footballer could have demanded damages if we were wrong.

这事有些为难,因为如果我们错了,他就可以向我们索要赔偿。

He tried to stop us publishing it

他竭力阻止我们发表这篇文章,

but later we were proved right.

但后来证实我们是正确的。

Wow! That was a real "scoop".

哇!那才是真正的独家新闻哩!

I'm looking forward to my first assignment now.

我期盼着即将到来的首次任务。

Perhaps I'll get a scoop too!

说不定我也会搞到独家新闻呢!

Perhaps you will. You never know.

也许你会的,谁知道呢。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
assess [ə'ses]

想一想再看

v. 估定,评定

 
admirable ['ædmərəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 令人钦佩的,令人赞赏的

联想记忆
professional [prə'feʃənl]

想一想再看

adj. 职业的,专业的,专门的
n. 专业人

 
amateur ['æmətə:]

想一想再看

adj. 业余(爱好者)的
n. 业余爱好者,

 
photographer [fə'tɔgrəfə]

想一想再看

n. 摄影师

 
evidence ['evidəns]

想一想再看

n. 根据,证据
v. 证实,证明

联想记忆
guilty ['gilti]

想一想再看

adj. 有罪的,内疚的

 
detailed [di'teild]

想一想再看

adj. 详细的

 
update [ʌp'deit]

想一想再看

v. 更新,补充最新资料
n. 更新

 
unusual [ʌn'ju:ʒuəl]

想一想再看

adj. 不平常的,异常的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。