I asked her if there was any special moment that made her realise this
我问她是否有一个特殊的时刻让她认识到了这一点,
and she replied that it was after she was asked to inspect an illegal business.
她回答说是在她被派去调查一次非法经营之后。
Her report helped the people who had been affected
她的报道帮助了那些受到影响的人,
and it also helped the government inspect the company and catch the guilty people.
还帮助政府调查了这家公司并抓获了有罪之人。
"That is when I realised the importance of being a journalist," said Junyan.
“那时我就意识到了做一名记者的重要性,”君燕说。
"Writing that report wasn't easy,
“写那篇报道不容易,
but I realised that people needed to know and so I didn't give up," Junyan told me.
但是我知道人们需要知道,所以我没有放弃,”君燕告诉我。
This paid off because she won an award for the report.
她的坚持获得了成功,因为她的报道获奖了。
"I discovered then that as long as I am committed and never give up
“我发现,只要我锲而不舍,
I will be able to produce high quality reports."
就能写出高品质的报道。”
That's exactly what Wang Junyan has been doing as the face of Universe TV.
那正是王君燕作为环球电视的标榜一直在做的事。
I asked Junyan what she liked most about her job
我问君燕,对于她的工作她最喜欢的是什么,
and she said that although there wasn't much glory in a reporter's existence,
她说作为一名记者虽然没有很多的荣耀,
she found it interesting and challenging.
但是她觉得这个工作很有趣而且富有挑战性。
"I meet a lot of people and go to many different places. I'm never bored in this job!"
“我接触很多人,而且去很多不同的地方。对这份工作我从不感到厌烦!”
She added that as a reporter she needed many different skills
她补充说,作为一名记者她需要许多不同的技能,
and was constantly challenged to learn new things.
而且经常要面对学习新事物的挑战。
Finally, I asked her if after many years she still felt curious.
最后,我问她多年以后是否仍然会感到好奇。
Smiling brightly, she told me, "Nothing that I learned from my mother has ever left me.
她带着灿烂的微笑告诉我,“我从我母亲那里学到的东西没有一样离开过我。
Today when I'm looking for stories,
如今当我在寻找故事的时候,
I still feel like I'm turning over stones to see what might be hiding beneath!"
我仍然觉得像是在翻开石头看下面可能会藏着什么东西!”