手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 高中英语 > 高中英语教程 > 北师大版高中英语 > 北师大版高中英语(必修3) > 正文

北师大版高中英语(必修3):Literature Spot3—Franken Stein(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Henry brought news of my family.

亨利带来了我家人的消息。
They were well and had taken in a servant called Justine.
他们都很好,而且雇佣了一个女佣,叫贾斯汀。
Imagine my shock when a letter arrived from my father -
但你想不到接下来我父亲的来信带来让我多吃惊的消息:
my young brother William had been murdered!
我的弟弟威廉被杀害了!
I went to my parents' house.
我赶回我父母的家。
Just before I got there, I saw the monster running through the trees.
到那之前,我正好撞见看见我的怪物穿过树林。
I realised the monster I had created had killed my brother!
我意识到是我创造的怪物杀了我的弟弟。
When I got to the house, I was horrified to discover that Justine,
当我回到父母家时,我恐惧地听说贾斯汀
who had been found near the scene of the crime, was accused of the murder.
被发现当时正在谋杀现场,被指控谋杀,
I knew she was innocent, but could say nothing. She was hanged.
我知道她是无罪的,但我什么都说不出来。她被绞死了。
Soon afterwards, while I was spending some time alone in the mountains, I met my evil creation again.
没过多久,当我独自登山时,我又看见了我邪恶的创造物。
The monster begged me to listen to his story.
我的怪物求我听听他的遭遇。
This is what he said:
这是他所说的:
'When I left your house, I came across a cottage
“当我离开你家时,我来到一个小村
and lived secretly in the barn watching an old, blind man and his children.
并悄悄地藏在一个谷仓里。附近住的是一个带着几个孩子的盲老人。
I learned how to speak and I realised how miserable I was.
我学会了说话并且意识到了我长得有多可怕。
I had no family, no memories, no childhood.
我没有家庭,没有记忆,没有童年。
One day, I decided to speak to the old man.
一天,我打算向老人开口。
He was kind and couldn't see my ugly body.
他是个好人并且看不到我长得有多丑陋。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
scene [si:n]

想一想再看

n. 场,景,情景

 
innocent ['inəsnt]

想一想再看

adj. 清白的,无辜的,无害的,天真纯洁的,无知的

联想记忆
miserable ['mizərəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 悲惨的,痛苦的,贫乏的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。