But as soon as his children returned, they screamed and hit me with sticks.
但很快,他的孩子们回来了。他们尖叫,用筷子投我。
I ran away.
我跑走了。
On one occasion, I saved a girl from drowning in a river,
有一次,我救了一个溺水的女孩,
but when her friend saw me he fired a gun at me.
但是她的朋友看到我时就开枪打我。
This was the reward of kindness.
这就是友善的回报。
I promised eternal hatred and revenge on mankind.
我发誓要对人类永远的憎恨、报复。
My first victim was your young brother. But now I want nothing more than a companion.
我的第一个牺牲品是你年轻的弟弟。但是现在一个同伴对我来说最重要。
I want you to make me a female companion
我要你为我创造一个女伴,
and we will live together far away from all humans, I promise.'
和我一块生活。我保证我们一定会远离所有的人类。”
I agreed to his demand, though the idea was terrible to me.
我答应了他的要求,尽管这是个可怕的要求。
When I returned home, my father mentioned his wish for me to marry Elizabeth, whom I loved dearly.
当我回家时,我父亲提出让我娶伊丽莎白,我亲爱的伊丽莎白。
But before the marriage, I needed to go to England to complete my work.
但在结婚之前,我必须回英国完成我的工作。
Henry came with me to England and, eventually, I completed my second creation.
亨利和我一起去了英国,最后,我完成了我的第二个创造物
As I was bringing her to life, I began to have serious doubts about what I was doing.
但当我准备给予她生命时,我对我所干的这种邪恶的创造工作陷入了深深的犹豫。
But, suddenly, my monster arrived.
这时,我的怪物突然出现。
He said: "You are my creator, but I am your master!"
他说:“你虽然创造了我,但我才是你的主人!”