Dying to be thin...
为了苗条,险些送命
Passage 1
课文 1
Hi Zhou Ling
嗨,周玲
How are you?
你好吗?
I haven't heard from you for weeks.
已经几个星期没有给你写信了。
Is everything OK with you?
你一切都好吗?
Do you still go to the gym every day?
你还是每天去健身房吗?
I used to go to the gym three times a week, but I don't work out any more.
我以前也经常去健身房,一周三次,但我现在不锻炼了。
I know another way to stay slim.
我知道另一种保持苗条的方法。
Looking good is important to women, isn't it?
外形漂亮对女人来说很重要,不是吗?
Most young women want a slim figure these days, especially here in Canada.
大多数年轻女性都想拥有苗条的身材,尤其在加拿大这里。
I'm trying to lose weight because I'm so ashamed of my body.
我正在努力减肥,因为我的体形让我感到很难为情。
Since I'm preparing to act in a new TV show, I'm taking weight-loss pills called Fat-Less, which are quite popular among young women here.
由于我在准备接拍一部新的电视剧,我在服用一种叫做Fat-Less的减肥药,这种药在这里的年轻女性中很流行。
I hope to lose at least 10 kilograms.
我希望减掉至少10公斤。
I take two pills a day and don't need to exercise.
我每天吃两片药,不需要做运动。
The pills really work!
这种药真的很有效!
I'm becoming slimmer and slimmer.
我变得越来越苗条了。
I've lost 7 kg in the last two months.
这两个月我已经减掉了7公斤。
However, sometimes I don't feel energetic.
但是,有时我感到没有力气。
My mother, who you met last year, keeps telling me not to take them because they are dangerous.
我妈妈,你去年见过的,她一直告诉我不要吃药,因为很危险。
She says health is the most important thing, and I agree, but then I look so slim at the moment.
她说健康是最重要的事情,我同意,但是现在我看起来非常苗条。
Write soon!
速回信!
Love
爱你的
Amy
埃米