Passage 2
课文 2
Dear Zhou Ling
亲爱的周玲,
Things change so quickly!
世事无常!
I'm now in hospital recovering from liver failure.
我得了肝功能衰竭,正在住院康复。
I regret taking those weight-loss pills.
我后悔服用了那种减肥药。
They contain a harmful chemical that caused my liver to fail.
药里含有一种能导致肝功能衰竭的有害化学物质。
The pills were going to completely destroy my liver if I continued taking them.
如果我继续服用这些药片,它们就会彻底毁掉我的肝。
My mother insisted on sending me to the hospital, where I received good medical treatment.
我妈妈坚持要送我去医院,接受良好的健康治疗。
It was a really painful experience, but I'm feeling better now.
这真是一次痛苦的经历,但是我现在感觉好多了。
I follow my doctor's advice and exercise for at least half an hour every day (but I seldom go to the gym!), and eat lots of fruit and vegetables.
我遵守医生的建议,每天至少运动半小时(但我很少去健身房!),并且吃大量的水果和蔬菜。
People should look after their bodies.
人们应该照顾好自己的身体。
My mother is right: don't damage your health for a slim and attractive figure.
我妈妈说的对:不要为了苗条迷人的身材毁了你的健康。
It isn't worth it.
那不值得。
We shouldn't be ashamed of the way we look, should we?
我们不应该为外表感到难为情,是吗?
I hope to hear from you soon.
希望很快就能收到你的来信。
Love
爱你的
Amy
埃米