While making time for her patient's health, home care nurse Shirlet Foster didn't make time for her own.
在腾出时间照顾病人健康的时候,家庭护理护士雪莉特·福斯特却没有时间来照顾自己。
I couldn't walk up the stairs. I just felt bad in general.
我上不了楼梯。身体总体上感觉很糟糕。
I would come home after working all day taking care of people and I was slowly killing myself.
在一整天的工作之后我得到这里来照顾别人,我这是在慢性自杀。
Shirlet started a walking group.
雪莉特组建了一个步行团队。
And, after seeing what diet and exercise did for her body and mind, she helped others by volunteering at local wellness fairs.
在看到饮食和锻炼对她的身心产生的影响之后,她自愿在当地的健身交流会帮助他人。
Once I started really figuring out what to do, as far as health goes, then I had so much energy and so much enthusiasm that I wanted to share with everybody else.
一旦我真正清楚自己该对健康做些什么的时候,我就有巨大的能量和热情,很想跟别人分享。
It helps me stay on track, too, by helping others.
帮助别人也能让我自己时刻警醒。
Always a nurse, Shirlet passes on her healthy habits to more and more people.
作为一名护士,雪莉特会将她健康的生活习惯传递给更多人。
It transformed me physically, it transformed me mentally.
它会从身体上改变我,它会从心理上改变我。
I invited my family to start participating.
我邀请了我的家人和我一起。
I can feel confident when I say, "this will make you feel better."
当我说出“这会让你感觉更好”这句话的时候,我会很自信。