I've never liked acting.Are you doing anything else?
我从不喜欢表演,你还做别的事情吗?
I enjoyed singing when I was at school,so I joined a group when I came to college.
我在学校的时候还喜欢唱歌,所以我到大学后参加了一个团体。
I don't think the conductor stretches us enough,though so I'll give up after the next concert.
我认为管理者不能充分发挥我们的才能,所以我将在下一个音乐会后退出。
And I also joined the debating society.
我还加入了辩论社。
It's fun, but with all the rehearsing I'm doing,something has to go,and I'm afraid that's the one.
很有意思,但现在我有许多排练,不得不舍弃个别活动,恐怕就是它了。
Do you do any sports? Yes,I'm in one of the hockey teams.
你做运动吗?是的,我加入了其中一个曲棍球队。
Not very good,but I'd really miss it if I stopped.
我打得不太好,但如果不参加了我会非常想念它。
I decided to try tennis when I came to college, and I'm finding it pretty tough going.
刚上大学时我决定尝试打网球,但后来发现太难了,
I'm simply not fit enough.
我根本没法适应。
Nor me.I think I'll give that a miss!
我也是,我想我不会参加!
I'm hoping it'll help me to build up my stamina,but it'll probably be a long haul.
我希望它能帮我增强耐力,但是这可能是一个长期的过程。
Good luck. Thanks. How are you finding the course?
祝你好运。谢谢。你觉得课程怎么样?
I wish we had more seminars.
我希望我们能多一些研讨会。
What?I'd have thought we had more than enough already.
什么?我认为我们已经够多了。
All those people saying clever things that I could never think of - it's quite interesting,but I wonder if I'm clever enough to be doing this course.他们说一些我从没想过的聪明点子,很有趣,但是我想知道我是否足够聪明能应付这门课。
I find it helpful to listen to the other people.
我觉得聆听他人很有帮助。
I like the way we're exploring the subject,and working towards getting insight into it.
我喜欢我们对研究题目进行探索的方式,不断努力获得更深刻的理解。
How do you get on with your tutor?
你和你的导师相处得怎么样?
I don't think I'm on the same wavelength as mine, so I feel I'm not getting anything out of the tutorials.
我认为我和我的导师不合拍,所以我感觉我没有从课堂上学到任何东西,
It would be more productive to read a book instead.
还不如看书更有用。
Oh,mine's very demanding.She gives me lots of feedback and advice, so I've got much better at writing essays.
我的导师要求很高。她给我很多反馈和建议,所以我在论文写作方面有了很大提高。
And she's helping me plan my revision for the end-of-year exams.
她还帮我计划年底的考试复习。
Do tell me,I always struggle with revision.
告诉我吧,我总是不会复习。