Our landlord seems to be looking for a new lodger. Did you know that,Eleanor?
我们的房东好像要找一个新房客,你知道这件事吗,爱莉诺?
Really? No, I didn't.
真的吗?我不知道耶。
I love meeting new people all the time, but living under the same roof and meeting new people are different matters.
我一直很喜欢认识新朋友,但是住在同一个屋檐下和认识新朋友是两回事。
Yes, you're right. So what kind of person would like as a flat mate, Willem?
对啊,你说得对。那么你想要什么样的人当室友呢,威伦?
Well, first of all, someone that's not so noisy and someone who is clean.
嗯,首先呢,不要太吵,然后要干净的人。
A clean person? What exactly do you mean?
干净的人?到底是什么意思?
Well, you know, we're going to share the bathroom and kitchen.
哎,你知道的,我们要共享浴室和厨房,
So somebody who always keeps them clean and tidy.
所以希望是个能够保持厨房和浴室整齐清洁的人。
When I was living in Wimbledon before, I had such a bad experience with people who couldn't tidy up. What about you?
我以前住在温布尔登的时候,曾经有过很糟糕的经验,和一些不爱整洁的人住在一起。那你呢?
Me? Well, someone from abroad might be interesting.
我?嗯,从国外来的人可能会很有意思。
You see, as you said, living under the same roof and meeting new people are different matters. So it may be a good chance to make a foreign friend.
你知道,就像你刚才说的,住在同一个屋檐下和认识新朋友是两回事。所以这可能是交外国朋友的好机会。
That's true. Anyway, I hope our landlord will find a nice person as our new flat mate.
没错。不管怎么样,希望我们的房东可以找到一个好人当我们的新室友。