deadline-decrease God speaks
上帝说话了
As the dean stood on the deck of his boat,
院长站在船甲板上,
he noticed a piece of decayed debris floating by.
看见一块腐烂的碎片 漂过.
"I have deceived myself," he thought,
"我欺骗了自己,"他想
"my decline has simply shown me
"我的衰落清楚地显示
that my inner character is really like that piece of debris.
我内在的人格就像那 碎片,
But I am decomposing on the inside.
但我的腐烂是从里面 开始的."
"I have filled my life with decorative nonsense."
"我一生很能装点面 门却毫无意义,"
He declared to the open sea.
他向空旷的大海宣布,
"Now my debt is too great
"现在我债务缠身,
and the drug dealer I owe money to is coming to visit me
我欠毒品贩子钱, 他要来找我,
with deadly intentions.
置我于死地.
It was a decade of excess,but my deadline has come!
这十年是多活的, 而我的最后期限已到!
I am not a decent person and I know it!
我不是个体面的人, 这我知道!
God,why did you have to make me this way???"
上帝??阄?裁匆? 让我这样???"
"Let your desires decrease." A rumbling voice from heaven said.
"让你的欲望减少一些 吧!"天上传来隆隆的声 音,
"And let a desire for me increase in you.
"让你对我的渴望增加 一点儿,
Do not decorate yourself on the outside with what does not matter.
不要用无用的东西 装饰你的外表,
Decorations fade.
因为装饰会消退.
It is what is on the inside that counts!Be holy as I am holy!"
重要的是内心, 要像我一样圣洁!"
As the dean stood in awe that God had really spoken to him,
院长心怀敬畏地站着, 因为上帝真的对他说 话了,
he almost didn't decipher what God was saying.
但他几乎没有理解上 帝在说什么.
"Do you mean that I should simplify my life?" He yelled.
"你是说我应该简化生 活吗?"他喊道,
But there was no more answer.
但是不再有回答.
God had spoken once and he would not speak further.
上帝已经说了一次, 他不会再说的.
The Dean went back into the boat
院长回到船中,
and was about to begin his usual decompression
正准备像往常一样
by having a glass of Vodka.
喝一杯伏特加减压,
He stopped,however, and decided to listen to God.
但他停了下来, 决定听上帝的话.
"The first thing I will do,"he thought, "is selling this boat!"
"我要做的第一件事 情,"他想,"就是 卖掉这艘船!"