Dear Friends,
亲爱的朋友们:
It is a true pleasure to greet you on this World Tourism Day.
值此“世界旅游日”之际,我非常高兴地向你们致意。
This is a chance to reflect on the importance of our sector.
这是反思旅游业重要性的机会。
Tourism is a pillar of our economies. It plays a central role in our societies and in our individual lives.
旅游业是我们经济的支柱。它在我们的社会和个人生活中发挥着核心作用。
And it offers solutions to some of our biggest challenges – including the climate emergency and the urgent need to shift to more sustainable economies.
它为我们面临的一些巨大挑战提供了解决方案——包括气候紧急状况和向更可持续的经济转型的迫切需要。
The power of tourism is enormous. But it is not a force that can be taken for granted.
旅游业的力量是巨大的。但我们不能将其视为理所当然。
Instead, it must be supported, above all with investment.
相反,它必须得到支持,首先是投资。
This World Tourism Day we recognize the theme of Tourism and Green Investments.
今年世界旅游日的主题是“旅游与绿色投资”。
The theme could not be more timely.
这个主题再及时不过了。
July 2023 was the hottest year on record. And extreme weather events like heat waves could become the new normal.
2023年7月是有记录以来最热的一个月。热浪等极端天气事件可能成为新常态。
Tourism needs to adapt. For this, we need to rethink how our sector is financed.
旅游业需要做出调整。为此,我们需要重新思考旅游业的融资方式。
We need to make it easier for investors of all kinds to support tourism projects with the potential to make a difference.
我们需要为各类投资者提供更多便利,使他们能够支持有可能带来改变的旅游项目。
Looking further ahead, we need investments that can empower tourism to build a better and fairer future for all.
展望未来,我们需要投资,增强旅游业的实力,为所有人建设一个更美好、更公平的未来。
Once again, I wish you all a peaceful and inspiring World Tourism Day.
我再次祝愿大家度过一个祥和、鼓舞人心的“世界旅游日”。