网络社交英语口语 Unit53:你得再积极一些
SCENE② B 在唐的酒吧里
Herbert: Wasn't sending her the music obvious enough?
赫伯特: 我把音乐寄给她还不够明显吗?
Don: You have to be more 1) aggressive than that.
唐: 你得再积极一些。
Herbert: Hey! I'm not as 2) suave as you are. One wrong move, and it's over.
赫伯特: 嘿!我不像你那么会献殷勤。我只要走错一步就玩完了。
Don: It's time for you to do something BIG.
唐: 你也该有些大动作了。
Herbert: And make a fool of myself?
赫伯特: 然后让自己出洋相?
Don: You have to try. Isn't Rose worth it?
唐: 你得试试看。难道柔丝不值得你一试吗?
语言详解
A: The studio is aggressively promoting their new movie.
那个电影公司正在积极地促销他们的新电影。
B: That's probably because it's not any good.
那八成是因为那电影毫无看头。
【It's time for... ……的时候到了】
当你要提议去做一件事的时候,就可以用这句话。
A: I'm tired of looking at these thunder thighs.
我受不了我的超级象腿了。
B: Then it's time for you to join a health club.
那你该去参加健身俱乐部了。
1) aggressive (a.) 积极的,有干劲的
2) suave (a.) 殷勤的