网络社交英语口语 Unit55:远距恋情无法维持
SCENE① A 在唐的酒吧里
Don: 1) Congratulations, Herb. You got a 2) promotion!
唐: 恭喜啊,赫伯特。你升官了!
Herbert: They're 3) sending me off to Hsinchu next week.
赫伯特: 他们下星期就要派我下新竹。
Don: Then you have 4) to make your move on Rose now.
唐: 那你现在对柔丝可得加把劲了。
Herbert: 5) Long distance relationships never work.
赫伯特: 远距恋情根本无法维持。
Don: Why not? The two of you can have a modern day 6) virtual relationship.
唐: 怎么会不行?你们俩可以来段摩登的“虚拟”恋情。
Herbert: Sounds 7) tempting. 8) What on earth is it?
赫伯特: 听来不坏。那是干什么的?
语言详解
A: Do you want to come dancing with us tonight?
你今晚要过来和我们一起跳舞吗?
B: It's so tempting! But I need to get some work done at the office.
好吸引人呀!不过我在办公室有工作要处理。
【Congratulations! 恭喜!】
祝福有关个人的喜事,一般常用Congratulations! (恭喜!)。要注意的是Congratulations!要用复数的形式。
A: I've got a new job.
我找到了新工作。
B: Congratulations!
恭喜,恭喜!
A: I passed my college examination.
我大学考试及格了。
B: Congratulations!
恭喜,恭喜!
1) Congratulations.恭喜你。
2) promotion (n.) 升官
3) send...off 送(某人)走
4) to make one's move on... 对……采取行动
5) long distance relationship 远距离恋爱
6) virtual (a.) 虚拟的
7) tempting (a.) 引诱人的
8) what on earth... 究竟……,到底……