(三)花样百出的借口:
11. My cat died! / My dog died!
(我的爱猫/爱狗归天了。)
【疯狂联想】
在必要时,你可以诅咒一下你家的猫呀、狗呀。讲这句话时,请掉下两滴眼泪,以增加一些说服力。
【Kim’s Note】Americans are really attached to their pets. This excuse may sound silly to people from other cultures, but it is completely acceptable in America.
12. My mother called!
(我老妈打电话给我!—— 耽误了一点时间。)
13. My son got really sick. I had to take him to the hospital.
(我儿子生病了,我必须送他去医院。)
怎么样?不赖吧!学会这些你就可以变成“借口大王”了。
【额外成就感】
stick
* This drawer sticks badly.
(这个抽屉卡得死死的。)
* The key stuck in the lock.
( 钥匙在锁里卡住了。)
* The bus got stuck in the mud.
(公共汽车陷在泥里了。)
【Kim’s Note】This verb is very common in describing a situation where you could not escape from another person. People in America are always talking about how they got stuck in a meeting with their boss, or how they got stuck talking to someone at the supermarket. It will improve your speaking skills and listening skills to know these expressions.
第二篇 拒绝听借口
【疯狂短评】
懂得一些“借口”总比“正面冲突”要来得聪明得多。但是老是用借口,也会“信用破产”的,所以如何用、何时用,都要适可而止。如果将立场对调,别人老是迟到,你不止一次地在那里傻等,我想你也需要一些句子来质问对方。
(一)直截了当
【疯狂联想】
当他脸上写着“心事谁人知”的时候,你可以直截了当的对他说:
1. What’s your excuse this time?
(这次你的借口又是什么?)
2. What is it this time?
(你这次又怎么了?)
3. All right, let’s hear it.
(好吧,让我们听听你的借口。)
4. What’s your story this time?
(这次你又有什么故事?)
5.All right, It’d better be good.
(好吧!你最好给我个好理由。)
6. So, do you have an excuse this time?
(那,你这次还有什么借口呢?)
7. So what’s today’s excuse?
(今天的借口又是什么呢?)
(二)先下“口”为强
【疯狂联想】
如果你的朋友每次找的借口都是换汤不换药,比如:今天他家的狗死了、明天又是他家的猫要出殡。你替他算算他家可能养了几千几万只猫和狗,这时你就可以先下“口”为强。
8. All right, don’t tell me your dog or cat died!
(好了,不要再告诉我你的狗狗或猫猫又死掉了。这个借口实在是用了太多次了!)
9. Don’t tell me. Let me guess. You overslept, right?
(不要告诉我,让我猜。你睡过头了,对不对?)
(三)怒气难消
【疯狂联想】
请继续保持“茶壶”姿势(生气时,一手叉腰,另一只手指着对方),把下面的话讲完:
10. Do you have any idea what time it is?
(你知道现在几点钟了吗?—— 开什么玩笑,敢给我迟到!)
11. Man, I don’t wanna(= want to)hear it!
(兄弟,我不想再听任何借口了。)
12. I’m sick of your excuses. Can’t you just be on time for once?
(我对你的借口烦透了。你能不能准时一次?)
句句地道美语,天天脱口而出!学习超级地道美语,吓唬美国人指日可待!