97 Talking About Feeling
谈论情感
I like...
我喜欢……
A:I like the design of the coat.
A:我喜欢这件衣服的款式.
B:But I like its color.
B:我看好了它的颜色.
Anyway,it's my ideal coat.I'll take it.
A:我喜欢这件衣服的款式.
B:I'll take one,too.
B:我也要买一件.
I prefer...
我喜欢……
A:I prefer potatoes to eggplants.
A:我喜欢土豆,不喜欢茄子。
B:I feel eggplants are more nutritious.
B:我学得茄子更有营养。
A:But as a matter of fact,potatoes taste better.
A:可实际上是土豆更好吃。
B:Oh,that's how you see it.
B:是吗,那是你的观点。
On balance,dress designing appeals to me most.
大体上说,我最喜欢服装设计。
A:On balance,dress designing appeals to me most.
A:大体上说,我最喜欢服装设计。
B:Yes,it's to my liking,too.
B:是的,我也喜欢。
A:Say,how would you like to be a dress designer?
A:你想不想当服装设计师?
B:It's my dream.
B:那是我的理想。
I've had enough of that!
我受够了!
A:I've had enough of that!
A:我受够了!
B:Why ,this is the most interesting film!
B:为什么,这部电影很有意思嘛!
A:I hate the hero.He's too cruel.
A:我不喜欢男主角,他太残忍了。
B:But it's only a film.
B:这只不过是电影嘛。
I don't think the lecture is very interesting.
A:我觉得这个讲座没意思。
A:I don't think the lecture is very interesting.
A:我觉得这个讲座没意思。
B:The lecturer is dull,too.
B:那演讲人也太呆板了。
A:I feel he's like a talking machine.
A:我觉得他像个会说话的机器。
B:I feel the same way.
B:我也有同感。
To be frank,I find...rather boring.
老实说,这觉得……太枯燥了。
A:To be frank,I find philosophy rather boring.
A:老实说,我觉得哲学太枯燥了。
To tell you the truth,it's the most tedious course I'ever had.
A:老实说,我觉得哲学太枯燥了。
How could you manage to pass the exam?
A:那你怎么考过去的?
B:It is still a mystery to me.
B:我也不知道。
I'm afraid of...
我怕……。
A:I'm afraid of the darkness.
A:我怕黑。
B:Don't worry.I'll drive you back.A:Thank you.
B:别担心,我开车送你回去。A:谢谢。
I'm scared of cats.
我怕猫。
A:Do you keep any pets,such as cats,dogs?
A:你养宠物吗,猫狗之类的?
B:No,I'm scared of cats.
B:不养,我怕猫。
A:Oh,but why?
A:噢,为什么?
B:I feel they're dirty.
B:我觉得它们很脏。
That's a great relief.
那我就放心了。
A:I hear little Bob has recovered.
A:我听说小鲍伯好了。
B:That's a great relief.I was worried about him.
B:那我就放心了,我挺担心的。
A:The operation was very successful.
A:手术非常成功。
B:His parents must feel very happy.
B:他父母一定很高兴。
I feel pity for the old man.
我很同情那位老人。
A:I feel pity for the old man.
A:我很同情那位老人。
B:I feel the same way.
B:我也是。
A:It must be dreadful to grow old.
A:老了一定很可怕。
It sure is.He has no one to turn to,very miserable indeed.
B:是啊,他无依无靠,很惨啊。
I'm dreadfully sorry for you.
我非常同情你。
A:I'm dreadfully sorry for you.
A:我非常同情你。
B:Thank you very much for your kindness.
B:谢谢你的关心。
A:Is there any clue?
A:有什么线索吗?
B:No,he left nothing.
B:没有,他什么也没留下。
Poor man,he must be terribly fed up with it.
真让人同情,他一定厌烦那种工作了。
A:He has to deliver letters every day.
A:他每天都要去送信。
B:Poor man,he must be terribly fed up with it.
B:真让人同情,他一定厌烦那工作了。
A:Oh,no,he likes the job.
A:不,他喜欢那工作。
B:Oh,Really?
B:噢,原来是这样。
I do sympathize with you,I assure you.
我非常同情你,请相信我。
Sorry,sir.
A:对不起先生
I came late because I had to send for the doctor for my grandfather.
我来晚了,因为我得给我爷爷去请大夫。
B:I do sympathize with you,I assure you.
B:我很同情你的处境。
A:Thank you,sir.
A:谢谢你,先生。
B:I hope your grandfather will recover soon.
B:我希望你爷爷早日康复。
How upsetting!
真让人着急!
A:How upsetting!He has been away for a week!
A:真让人着急!他一周没回家!
B:I don't know if anything terrible has happened.
B:我担心他是不是有什么不测了。
A:I have reported it to the police.
A:我已经报告给警察局了。
B:We'd better prepare for the worst.
B:我们最好做最坏的打算。
You must be feeling terrible.
你肯定很担心。
A:You must be feeling terrible for Mary.
A:你肯定很担心玛丽的。
B:Yes,she's been like this for two weeks.
B:是啊,她这个样子已经有两周了。
A:I'm worried that she can't catch up with her class.
A:我担心她跟不上功课。
B:So do I.The doctor says she'll get over in a month.
B:我也担心,医生说她要一个月才能好。
I'm most upset to hear that.
听到这些我很担心。
A:I have been feeling sick for three days.
A:我已经病了三天了。
B:I'm most upset to hear that.Are you better now?
B:听到这些我很担心。你现在好点儿了吗?
A:Not much better.Thank you.
A:还不太好,谢谢你。
I'm worried about his health.
我担心他的健康。
A:Bob is getting on in years.
A:鲍伯上年纪了。
B:Yeah,I'm very worried about his health.
B:是啊,他的健康我总放心不下。
A:He looks tired all the time.
A:他看上去总是很累。
B:He's working too hard.
B:他太辛苦了。
I couldn't care less.
我才不关心呢!
A:Bob's sister will go to America.
A:鲍伯的姐姐要去美国了。
Why tell me?She has nothing to do with me!
B:告诉我干什么呢?她和我没有任何关系!
I thought you wanted to know more about her.
A:我还以为你想了解她呢。
B:No,I couldn't care less!
B:我一点儿也不关心!
It has nothing to do with me.
这与我无关。
A:Have you heard we'll have a pay rise?
B:Oh,it has nothing to go with me.
B:噢,这与我无关。
A:It's a pity,but why?
A:真遗憾,为什么?
B:I came here only a month ago.
B:我一个月前才来这儿工作。
That's a shame!
真遗憾!
A:You missed the film.That's a shame!
真遗憾!A:真遗憾,你没看成电影。
B:Is it stimulating?
B:很刺激吗?
A:Yes.I got very excited.
A:是的,我非常兴奋。
I hope I still have chances.
B:我希望还有机会。
adj. 有营养的,滋养的