最常用表达法
1. About income, I think most people deserve more than what they get.
谈到收入,我想大多数人都应得到比他们现在得到的更多些。
2. It's interesting you should say so, because I'm looking forward to summer holiday there.
很有意思你也这么说,因为我也盼望在那儿度暑假。
3. It's strange you should say that, because just now I was thinking of it on myself.
真奇怪你会说到那件事,因为刚才我自己也在想它。
4. On the subject of music, people nowadays love pop music rather than classical.
说到音乐,人们现在喜欢流行音乐而不是古典音乐。
5. Talking of honesty, I know a lot of people don't pay bus fares.
谈到诚实,我知道有许多人乘车不买票。
非正式场合表达法
1. What a coincidence! I've just come back from that concert.
真凑巧!我刚听了那个音乐会回来。
2. Hang on, can we stick with that point about women's liberation ?
等一等,我们可以继续谈关于妇女解放运动的那个论点吗?
3. Funny you should say that. I'm going to buy a color TV too.
真奇怪你会说到那事。我也打算买一台彩电呢。
4. You mentioned Jack Carson just now. Well, he's really a good tennis player.
你刚才提到了杰克`卡森。是啊,他的确是个网球好手。
5. Sorry to butt in, but did I hear you say there was an accident it?
对不起插一下话,我听你说街上发生过一起交通事故,对吗?
正式场合表达法
1. That reminds me of the time we were camping at the seashore.
那使我想起了我们去年在海边露营的事。
2. To go back to what you were saying about inflation, I'm not surhe way prices have risen.
回到你刚才谈论的通货膨胀,我对价格上涨的情况并不惊奇。
3. If I may just go back for a moment to the point you made, I sthe government is responsible for that.
请允许我暂时回到您谈过的那一点,我得说政府对此是有责任的。
4. If I might refer back to the problem we were discussing, I think stress on the conservation of our natural resources.
请允许我重提我们刚才讨论的问题,我想我们应该强调保存我们的自然资源。
5. To take up Mr. Jackson's remark about writing, I think simplicity art.
谈到杰克逊先生关于写作的话,我想简洁是最好的艺术。
课后题目:学完后,你知道“人们现在喜欢流行音乐而不是古典音乐。”这句话怎么译?